Need pro bono mentor for film school project

bperlman

For the past four years, my boomer (Ron Sherouse) and myself have volunteered as mentors for a student film out of Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara.  The film is part of Kodak's annual 35mm Project.  Brooks has opted to do their film in a unique way by having every job on the set mentored by working professionals.

The opportunity to teach our craft to willing students is really quite rewarding.  I now have a group of "sound pups" all beginning their careers as a result of this experience.  For most of the students it is their first opportunity to work on a traditional film set.

The project has been fun as well as rewarding.  The shoots have been part of the Santa Barbara Film Festival and the town is jumping.  The school puts the mentors up at the Fess Parker Hotel (our wives came along for some R&R and ended up seeing several festival films).

This year the shoot will be February 15, 61 & 17 and unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

If anyone is interested, contact me off post and I'll fill you in on the details.

Thanks,

Bruce

bruceperlman@gmail.com