Roma's frequencies

VM

Hi,

I am going to shoot in Roma.

After a research on the web it seems to me that I should find some free frequencies under 506 MHz.

Do you have any experience about Roma's frequencies ? I am planing to rent Wysicom large band receiver.

Thanks

I was there this past summer (2012) using Lectro wireless (Block 24 & 26).  Both were very crowded but I was able to get usable freqs around the city...with lots of scanning!   I suspect with everything going on over there now it will be more difficult to find clear channels. 

" I suspect with everything going on over there now it will be more difficult to find clear channels."

maybe at certain times and in  certain places,  but keep in mind that wireless microphones are low power devices (the signals don't go very far...)

there will no doubt be some places and times where wired mic's might be a more practical alternative.

(does a reporter doing a talking head standup to camera really need to be wireless??)

" I suspect with everything going on over there now it will be more difficult to find clear channels."

maybe at certain times and in  certain places,  but keep in mind that wireless microphones are low power devices (the signals don't go very far...)

there will no doubt be some places and times where wired mic's might be a more practical alternative.

(does a reporter doing a talking head standup to camera really need to be wireless??)

probably, because as some say: "shit happens" :-)

dr

ps. but i always carry hard wire adapters for my wireless lav mics (ambient emp eumels for the lectros and da78s for the sonys), they just don't get used very often (ever). 

Hi, i often work in Rome too and it is completely random with radio frequiences. Recentely, I shooted with a Lectro Venue Block 27 and I was able to find clear frequencies, scanning every locations, few times a day.

Theorically, you have to use your transmitters at 50mW, but nobody seems to care of these laws here...

Have a nice journey, anyway, and if you need any kind of help I should be there as well.

According to a European decision, the 2010/267/EU, as from 1 January 2013, the frequency band 790-862 MHz will be used for terrestrial systems capable of providing electronic communications services (ie mobile phones, TX data, voice , broadband video, etc), and this is the reason why the frequency band 470-862 MHz first in Europe, was destined to broacasting television, from January 1, 2013 will be allocated to the services described above.
It follows that for the new professional wireless microphones, output of the said decree of 4 May 2011, is licensed for use in the frequency band 470-790 MHz, while the microphones placed on the market and still present in the large and small distribution before the release of this decree shall be permitted to use the frequency band 790 to 854 MHz up to 1 January 2013.

Ps) if u r in Italy u can pass to Wisycom (free coffee with Grappa)

Thanks ! Unfortunately on this movie we won't have many free moments...just enough time to sleep !
As regards to frequencies: I have rented, in Paris, a Wysi MCR42-L DX plus TX. In France frequencies upon 790 MHz have been prohibited since the 1st of Decembre 2011. 

Chanel with lower interferences are:

54-55-58-59 (European channels)

This in not the info I found there :

http://www.digitaleterrestrefacile.it/2009/12/14/dove-trovo-la-lista-delle-frequenze-e-dei-ripetitori-del-digitale-terrestre-della-citta-di-roma/

Don't know why ?