Sanken CS-3e For Indoor Dialogue Good Choice?

coreyishere

Hey guys here is my first audio test. Just my first real test. Please excuse the beginning shuffling noises, random dialogue, camera quality and pause before dialogue starts. But here's the link:

This is the rode ntg-2 hooked into the zoom h4n. I am holding the boom stick right above my actors head. This is without any post production. I actually made some changes in post production and will upload it tomorrow.

Let me know some feedback. Does this sound decent for dialogue? Thanks

This is insane! Please, coreyshere, this discussion forum is NOT film school! You have been given all the advice that anyone has the patience to offer. We are not going to partner with you, day by day, testing, learning, critiquing your choices, etc. Please, do not post here anymore. Come back after your epic project is accepted at Sundance and send us a link to the video trailer on YouTube.

...and the clip you posted above sounds awful.

Sorry If I upset you Jeff. I will not post any more clips. But before I leave I just wanted to know how does the clip sound awful? Maybe im missing something but I did not think it sounded awful. I guess im lacking a good ear? I just don't want to leave on a bad note. Thanks

" Please excuse the beginning shuffling noises, random dialogue, camera quality and pause before dialogue starts. "

why?

BTW, it wouldn't have sounded any better with a CS3e... :wacko:

The beginning shuffle noise was not part of the test. I was handling the pole sloppy in the beginning. I just focused on the dialogue part. Oh and that's good to know about the CS3e  8)

This is insane! Please, coreyshere, this discussion forum is NOT film school! You have been given all the advice that anyone has the patience to offer. We are not going to partner with you, day by day, testing, learning, critiquing your choices, etc. Please, do not post here anymore. Come back after your epic project is accepted at Sundance and send us a link to the video trailer on YouTube.

...and the clip you posted above sounds awful.

LMAO! This had me pissing in my pants..

Guys, I really think this guy is purposely messing with everyone. At least that's what my instinct is telling me.

In any case I'm going to bust out the jiffypop and start swirling it over the stove. haha

Only certain mics can capture the world "dude" properly.  The NTG2 isn't one of them.

Only certain preamps can amplify the word "like" with crystal clear clarity.  the Zoom's preamps aren't among those.

And, of course, the phrase, "I mean" requires years of diligent practice to boom well.

Other than that, I mean, like, the Dude isn't here to listen.

I listen to this clip and then listen to movie clips. My sound doesn't sound too far away. Maybe I am delusional but I thought my sound sounded good? LOL....it sounds way better than the canon 7d mic thats for sure.

Ok great, there is no need to gather further opinions then.

I think that everyone has confidence in what he hears.

When someone makes testing a microphone and a tape recorder, changing position relative to the sound source, changing microphone and / or recorder, he should be able to recognize quele is the best possible combination with everything he has available.

You have to have a lot of patience and do many tests. Ask for recommendations is good, but to claim that someone here will give you the right formula is not possible.

Only you have to get there.

Sergio.