PSC micbra vs Neopax chest belt

Tom Morrow

I did a search and found some not so enthusiastic posts about the PSC Micbra

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/852907-REG/PSC_SGARMB3_MicBra_Microphone_Strap_3_Pack.html

But I didn't find any posts about the Neopax Chest Belt

http://www.neopax.biz/images/chest_belt_nude_retouched.jpg

which looks like a better system in that it holds the RM mic holder which would presumably reduce rustling transmission from the belt to the mic.  Also, it looks like the sewing on the bottom would tend to hold the mic in place better than the PSC Micbra.

Anyone tried the Neopax Chest Belt?  Do you use it with the RM-11 or a Garfield Hush Lav?  Seems like it might be a good solution where quick changes are required.

I own the Garfield (PSC) mic bra and the first few times I tried it I didn't have good results.  I tried it again recently and it was a great solution.  Very nice for quick wardrobe changes.  The Neopax design looks good too, and being able to use the RM11 is a plus.  Sound Guys Solutions (makers of the wonderful Lav Bullet have a similar product out as well.

I've used the Neopax chest belt with an RM-11 and had great results with it, especially when talent is the "sweaty type" and conventional tapes/sticky stuff won't stay on. 

+1 on the Sound Guy Solutions products. I especially love their Lav Bullet since it is a time saver and eliminates those awkward moments when having to run the wire down a pant leg or tight shirt. 

I have been using the SGS Lav straps for 6 months on 4 different productions. I am a big fan of them. That said, I don't use them every day. They, like any good tool, are a problem solver.

Plus ---
With or without the RM-11 they hold a cos-11 securely and noise free.

Especially handy for talent that doesn't want to be taped, those with adhesive allergies, really sweaty situations where sticky won't hold, scenes that are especially athletic, or when one needs to make super fast wardrobe changes.
Wicked fast to put on/take off talent

Minus ---
Have not found a good way to use this on ladies unless they are very flat chested. Under places the mic too low, over places the mic too high, and across the middle.... well... she ain't gonna have you put it there.

Has a tendency to slide down under heavy activity, so regular inspection is important if this is the scene.

I have not used any of the other products noted above --

On a same but different note I had Neopax make me some brapax. This gives a very secure mount for the SM or SMQV and low profile on the back. I had the persons names embroidered on the packs so they know its their own sweat between washings. You have to have very pro talent to be comfortable unclipping her bra and slip on the pack and we do. Jay

post-3237-136262362147.jpg

post-3237-136262363591.jpg

• 3 months later...

I own the Garfield (PSC) mic bra and the first few times I tried it I didn't have good results.  I tried it again recently and it was a great solution.  Very nice for quick wardrobe changes.  The Neopax design looks good too, and being able to use the RM11 is a plus.  Sound Guys Solutions (makers of the wonderful Lav Bullet have a similar product out as well.

Out of interest - would you be willing to share the wardrobe/application differences between your initial and recent trials of the PSC micbra?

(i.e. what, if anything made it work better the 2nd time around).