DC connector Zaxcom QRX100 what size

Matthias Richter

is the QRX100 DC connector the same as on the RX900? Need to make a cable in advance and Zaxcom is using 2 different sizes.

edit: looks like it should be the same - I still would appreciate if someone can confirm.

External Power

Some of the units can be powered from an external power source. The external power connection is a 2.5 mm (0.1”) barrel connector. The center pin is positive. The connector for the receiver (Switchcraft 761K) is longer than the connector for the STAxxx and IFB100 (Switchcraft 760K). The 760K will not work in any of the receivers.

Thanks, Matthias

The other day I was about to make another hirose to QRX100 (to power the QRX off a camera) and realized that my BDS cable to power a Nomad/SD mixer (hirose) works. 

The STA needs a slightly shorter locking DC plug, but the RX900 and QRX100 are a bit more flexible. 

The DC input connector for the QRX100 as well as the RX900 are the same. You need a cable that has a switchcraft 761K connector on it (or an equivalent from a different manufacturer). 

The IFB100 as well as the STA adapters use a 760K connector - these are visibly shorter than the other connectors!

~Thomas Popp

Video Mantis

For the Zaxcom QRX and R900 series receivers:
Switchcraft 761K
Center Positive 2.5mm
Outer Negative 5.5mm
12mm long

The last number is the important one. It is particularly longer so it touches the jack's innermost contact. On a BDS this also activates the output.

Mark O.

• 6 years later...
16 minutes ago, Tales Manfrinato said:

Kind of urgent.. does someone knows how should I wire the DC cable for the qrx100 ? Didin't find this information anywhere. Thanks

Standard for a barrel connector:

Sleeve:  Ground

Center - Inside Barrel:  + Voltage (9-18vdc)

Barrel_Connector.jpg

Switchcraft 761K connector or equivalent.