My new bag....

pvanstry

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, this is too much, my head is going to explode.  My wife read the posts and she thinks that i am superman now....  Just kidding, but o the serious side, so many people are inquiring about me buiding them a kit that i am compiling a list of interested people.  People that would like to get a system like mine, consisting of a bracket for wireless, a DC distro and a wiring harness.  At this point it is hard to tell the price, but it is around a 1000$.  The machine shop is really expensive and since everyone seems to want a different configuration ( 3x SRA, 2 SRA and a 411, 4x SRA etc... ), it is hard to get a standard. I am looking at 3D printing, which would enable me to get any possible configuration in but would still make it around 1000$.  Remember there is around 3-4 days of work on these.

Any way, PM me if you are interested.

Thank you

Pascal

En effet, beaucoup trop poreux...

But seriously, aside from the french canadian inside jokes, i am already turning myself toward my next project ( actually two ).

1- A suitcase filed with permanelty installed battery chargers.

2- a small pelican box with an NP1 cup, a 15vdc power supply, a power combiner ( auto switching from one or the other ) and a small fan ( to keep things cool but quiet ).  Also with a power distro for converting from bag to small cart setup adding LCD monitor, Little lite, comtek base station and antenna distro kit.

Thanks

PS. Kortwich bag is still 5 weeks away for now.

Nice work Pascal,

I had a similar idea when I got my 664, made it as far as a foamcore mockup but never followed through. But you have added the NP batt holder which is great. I hadn't thought of doing that. Mine was going to have the 3 SR's, power switch and a DC Display where you have the NP. Bringing the headphone output up is a good idea too.

I may be inspired to try again with another foamcore mockup.

I was thinking of adding a front panel from Front Panel Express   (thanks to Tom Visser for introducing us to that company via his "Pimp my H2N" thread.) I think it would add a nice final touch.

T'es un vrai patenteux !