Micron Explorer 100 system vs 700 system quality/range? (DDH-2 racked)

resonate

Full disclosure: I work with Canada's Micron agents, Audio Services Corporation (Canada) Ltd. 

The 700 series does have a fuller sound; range is comparable depending on the model of Explorer you are using.  The DDH2 can assist in improving range by filtering the signal and facilitating the use of remote antennas.  

Hello Bartosz, 

I have 6 units of 100 series with PQH with 2 yagi 7 elements antenna, and after 4-5 years  they work great. Last two years I been using Lectro, and I love it. But from time to time if I need more then 6 smv/smqv I will plug Micron and it would work very good. 

If you are limited with money, Micron is very nice wireless out there, but if you have little more I would suggest Lectro. 

Best regards 

Noni 

• 3 months later...

Full disclosure: I work with Canada's Micron agents, Audio Services Corporation (Canada) Ltd. 

The 700 series does have a fuller sound; range is comparable depending on the model of Explorer you are using.  The DDH2 can assist in improving range by filtering the signal and facilitating the use of remote antennas.  

Bill,

which kind of remote antennas do you recommend when using the DDH2 ?

here in belgium they use a lot of micron transmitters but there is not so much to be found regarding to accessories from micron.

Thanks noni,

It is my first wireless. I have two Explorer 100 16ch units and thinking about getting another pair.  

How is the sound quality/range compared to the lectros smv? what mics are you using? (I use DPA 4060)

DPA 4060 is the best mic you can use IMHO. I have four microns as well. 4061 is easier on very loud yells (4060 could get just in limiter even transmittersensity 0) but I hear the better equiv. noise level of the 4060 in some very silent situations.

4060 23 dBA

4061 26 dBA

4062 33 dBA

4063 26 dBA

To really increase range you need transmitters with more mW (which isn't legal in most/all? european countries) or other receiver antennas high up.