BAFTA best Director award

Simon Paine

I imagine that the reason for mentioning the "sound crew," instead of the individuals names, is due to the fact that on a "sound crew" you have the production mixer, boom operator, utility person, dialogue mixer, and or effects and music mixers.  By saying "sound crew" it sort of encompasses all who toiled in the combined effort.

That effort, by Peter Kurland, and Randy Johnson production mixer and boom operator was recognized by the Cinema Audio Society for Best Achievement in Motion Picture Sound.  Congratulations.

This film is very interesting in that there is no music score, just source music.  So the sound track is dialogue and effects, and a very good sound track at that.

Cheers,

RVD

RVD,

I know were you are coming from, but the camera dept. has "other's" operater, focus puller, 1st-ac (or is that basically the focus puller?) loader am I forgetting a few?

I think RVD's point is that sound crew covers all who make the sound track work. The way I work and many others as well, is team all the way. My boom, the key link of the sound crew is on the set making it sound like it looks. Most often booming each shot and giving me the sound to mix and complement at my end of the cable, while the 3rd is doing all else to make it happen smoothly. A camera crew is executing a Cameraman's vision, not deciding it as a team. All members of a film, television, commercial, doc, whatever, crew are needed and valued for the final product, but the sound dept's that I have worked on, we do it as a team. This may be too fine a point for me to describe in a post, but I for one thought it was classy to thank them as Mr Coen did for the directing award. I think their work on No Country was outstanding and appreciated by the brothers as they are the editors as well. They have all had a long run together, and I congratulate them all.

CrewC