CAS Surprise

Mick

I was unable to attend the CAS awards ceremony on saturday night due to a prior commitment, so I was elated to see this morning that we had won for the "Living Doll" episode that we also won the Emmy for last september. The only reason I mention this is because on both occasions the award went to the production mixer and the re-recording mixers, omitting the efforts of the boom operators who worked so hard on these projects but who fail to receive public recognition for their contribution to the final mix. My boom men on "Living Doll" were Kenny Mantlo, who also mixes our double up episodes, and Brian Whooley, who has since left to work on commercials giving him more time to indulge his passion for surfing. Both these fine craftsmen were an enormous part of the final product and I gladly take this opportunity to thank and laud them for their efforts which enabled Yuri, Bill and myself to stack these trophies in our wives' china cabinets.

Ironically both awards were won on a night when one of the three of us was unable to attend. On Emmy night Bill was on vacation in Alaska and on CAS night I was at my stepson's volleyball game in Irvine, (he's the starting setter for #1 ranked BYU)  I think we're going to insist that Yuri take the night off at the next Emmy show, if we get a nomination. Failing that maybe I'll not show up for work and get a raise? Yeah!

Thanks again to all the boomers who work so hard and don't get the recognition they richly deserve.

Happy to be going back to work,

Regards

Mick