Nomad mirror freeze

noeld

I am having a problem with my nomad 12 mirror card. It freezes at 69% file 2 of 12.

I'm running nomad version 5.00 with transcend 32 gig 133x cards. Same problem on multiple cards

This has never happened before. I'll upgrade firmware tonight and see if that changes anything.

Visit the Zaxcom user forum. I had a similar issue with my Nomad 10. Howy wanted my settings to see what was causing the issue. I didn't have them saved to a card so couldn't give them to him. Save your current settings and email them to Howy if you can before you change anything. I solved my problem by doing a reset to factory defaults. I'm on firmware 4.45. Always include your Nomad model and firmware version when discussing a problem on the Zax forum.

I've tried v5.11 and it seems to behave well, however, I've yet to take it out into the real world. The version I use in the field is still v4.45.

No problem mirroring to CF on 5.11, so far.  One item is the TDC, main screen "???," display, requiring reformatting of primary card to clear, if USB option has been enabled.  Great service, by Ryan at Coffey and Zaxcom, who update Fury's Nomad and , in an overabundance of perspicuity, did not format the primary card, which contained 53 segments.  The thinking man's tech dept..

Braviissimo!!

Thank you very much

Fury

• 7 months later...

I'm having a similar issue where I was mirroring and it stopped at segment 2 at 33% and it just hangs and does not progress forward. Running v 5.14. Could it be the up dates I got from the Zaxcom forum are not behaving well? Sorry for the newb question but this is my first owned Zaxcom product. I've used Deva 5 and SD 7 series a lot but I newly just purchased a Nomad and I'm still learning the workflow. I'm working on a job at NASA in Cocoa Beach for the new Maven launch to Mars and I started having this issue. Thanks.

Sorry. My goof. I meant to write v 6.13. I had 5.14 on the brain from reading a Zaxcom forums post. I did not try another mirror card because I currently only have 1 card (I know I should have a few but again this is my first recorder purchase. IN the past I either worked for others, borrowed or rented gear). I did reformat the card many times while trying to re-mirror. Pretty much every time I tried a new mirroing process I re-formatted the mirror card. I eventually had to take the files off of the primary card and then Zax convert them to give to the client on Monday.

" can't afford another card? "

If you cannot afford the necessary accessories for a device, perhaps you cannot afford the device.

There is plenty of documented issues that CRAP can occur with the storage media, and thus, that carrying spare, approved, tested media is a part of being a professional on the job... earning that rate...

Edited by studiomprd

IN the past I either worked for othersI did reformat the card many times while trying to re-mirror. Pretty much every time I tried a new mirroing process I re-formatted the mirror card. 

Aginzo, a little internet reading on how these card thingies work is going to help you... 

good ol' wikipedia - compact flash card - reliability

here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompactFlash#Reliability

Was able to fix the issue via awesome help from Zaxcom Support Team on a Sunday. Decided to take some sage advice to format the mirror card on my computer using Disk Image (Mac) and it's been working great since. Must remember that next time. These CF cards that I use by the way are Transcend (Primary card) and Sandisk (Mirror). 

See I'm used to using Deva 5's on DVD Ram disks when it comes to Zaxcom. Then, mostly working with 744T's. Never had a mirror issue with SD so this is really new to me. The most biggest problem I had was with a 744T I borrowed which had a card drive issue. I think there is somewhat of a learning curve to the Nomad. Still love this machine though.

The past 2 days I've been using it at KSC for a "sizzle" to sell a show for the Travel Channel. I got to see for the first time a launch at the Space Center. On Saturday I was 25 feet from the Maven, short for Mars Atmosphere and Volatile EvolutioN, Atlas V rocket. An amazing 2 days and got to really test out my recorder. This was really a small hiccup. I have to say I was very impressed with how Zaxcom was helping me via a series of emails that I had not expected anyone to even think about at least until today but low and behold Zaxcom customer service did me a solid. 

studiomprd - Thanks for the advice that I should lowball instead and Ill let them all know you told me so.   :)

Jack - thank you 

Vin - thanks for the wiki article. Very interesting read.  

Peace