Trx900la belt clip

Wandering Ear

The belt clips on the trx900la tend to slip off, especially on thick belts. So I'm experimenting with making my own. Here is v1.

post-2639-136448961183.jpg

I've always like the spring clips on smqvs, and thought they work quite well. The main drawback to this clip is you have to remove it to change batteries. To me, that's pretty easy. If it works out in the field, I'll make a few more for all my radios.

K

Interested in selling a few?

I'd be happy to, but I would like to put some time in the field first to make sure they are going to work as expected.  After making the first one last night, I have a couple ideas of how to bend the mounting wire to be a little more solid.  I'm planning on using these new clips on a shoot I have all next week, I'll let you know how it goes.

K

I've lost two of these already. I really wish Zax implemented something better. Yesterday I heard my TRX fall to the floor because the pack popped off the talent. In most cases I try to use a Neopax when possible but in this situation it wasn't practical. Nothing sounds worse then your TRX hitting the floor.

I've lost two of these already. I really wish Zax implemented something better. Yesterday I heard my TRX fall to the floor because the pack popped off the talent. In most cases I try to use a Neopax when possible but in this situation it wasn't practical. Nothing sounds worse then your TRX hitting the floor.

I've heard tell, that the splash as it hits the water sounds worse.

LEF

I've heard tell, that the splash as it hits the water sounds worse.

LEF

Funny you mention that. The show I was on last week had one of your transmitters fall in a pool. The belt clip was missing (it was already missing for some time) therefore there were two open holes for water to enter. Can these be fixed or is it a paperweight at this point?

I believe it was a UM400a.

Funny you mention that. The show I was on last week had one of your transmitters fall in a pool. The belt clip was missing (it was already missing for some time) therefore there were two open holes for water to enter. Can these be fixed or is it a paperweight at this point?

I believe it was a UM400a.

Hi Michael,

Those holes just allowed it to become a paperweight in 5 seconds rather than 10. There are a lot of leak points on that case. The important thing is to get the battery out of the unit immediately. Then there is a chance to repair it. If it has power on it for awhile or fell into salt water, it is a paperweight. We do have a "repair" price which really is an exchange but is less than a new unit.

As I said,  "... the splash as it hits the water sounds worse."

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Hi Michael,

Those holes just allowed it to become a paperweight in 5 seconds rather than 10. There are a lot of leak points on that case. The important thing is to get the battery out of the unit immediately. Then there is a chance to repair it. If it has power on it for awhile or fell into salt water, it is a paperweight. We do have a "repair" price which really is an exchange but is less than a new unit.

As I said,  "... the splash as it hits the water sounds worse."

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

=) Yeah, I'm just lucky it wasn't one of mine. Otherwise the water splash would have been quickly followed with the sound of talent being knocked to the floor. Or at least that's how it would play out in my imagination. haha

The pouches are great, but I really wanted a spring loaded clip that's easy to clip the excess Mic cable into and will hold well on the belt line (with or without a belt)

So far this week my new belt clip has been rock solid. Never came off, even after most of my day today was literally running. Now if only I knew where to buy them so I didn't have to break them off of other cell phone pouches.