Begs the question...

Erik

With Cooper Sound Systems ceasing operations, what other comparable mixing panel options are there out there?

Besides the Sonosax mixer does any one have experience with the Audio Developments AD 149 mixer ($13000.) or the Audio Developments AD 255 mixer ($6-7000.). Both are 8 channels.

The AD 149 from looking at the specs looks similar to the Cooper 208 without a digital output option.

Erik

Does buying a used Cooper negate the whole support/warranty that might still be available now for an original owner? If not, which companies or machines get to vie for the mantel?

Josh

I don't think the original owner factory warranty was for anything more than a year or so anyway, so it is not like a previously owned ("used") car with 100K warranty that you inherit. All of the boards from Andy have been incredibly reliable and not difficult to work on. I am sure that Cooper Sound Systems has made arrangements with many of the usual service places, those that have serviced the Coopers over the years, and they will have spare parts, service manuals, schematics and so forth. I would have no worries purchasing a used Cooper.

-  Jeff Wexler

With Cooper Sound Systems ceasing operations, what other comparable mixing panel options are there out there?

Besides the Sonosax mixer does any one have experience with the Audio Developments AD 149 mixer ($13000.) or the Audio Developments AD 255 mixer ($6-7000.). Both are 8 channels.

The AD 149 from looking at the specs looks similar to the Cooper 208 without a digital output option.

Erik

Erik,

maybe the Maranda from PSC will be ready soon. also as old school said , the sonosax,

just think if sound devices made a panel or board (think of the 208 body or chassis with sd's pre amps)just day dreaming.

Joshua,

warranty issuses, there should not be any, as jeff said, I still see 10 yr old 106's coming thru to the service for "tuneups. most of the major vendors service cooper mixers with no problem.