expendables prices

bcopenhagen

Guest afewmoreyears

IZEN,

Id say it depends on the Formatting.....    My Panasonics will play on anything I needed to put them in..... Never any problems.... I think the photogs have different needs.....  Don't use them for info regarding your situation...  Thats my take....  Who knows....

This is the first I have ever heard of charging for the sound reports/logs ... I don't think I could make that fly. I have been using custom (designed by me and printed professionally) 3-part NCR padded sound reports ever since the beginning of my career and I never thought to charge for them.

- Jeff Wexler.

Hi Jeff.

Greetings from a cold and windy UK.

For the last 10 years or so my expendable invoice (we call them consumables here) has always said:

X No. of Dat or DVD ram discs  including sheets and labels. I personally never have any queries with the charge which has built into it the cost of the sheets and labels and the library box which I deliver the rushes in.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s.

I've also been using Panasonic DVD-RAM's for a good while now.  I only had one instance of a problem.  I got a call a few weeks ago in the middle of the night from Germany(had just finished mixing a German spot).  The producer told me they were in the "finest post house" in Germany and couldn't get my discs to work.  After a little back and forth they put the discs into the office interns new Macbook and viola, they worked fine...

Charlie