Jokerboxes has a video, and they will be at NAB!

I'm excited to say that I will be at NAB this year. I've teamed up a really great company, cam crews. Also known as Crews Control. I will be sharing their booth this year. Come by and check out a Jokerbox in person. Number C12431

I also have a new video demonstrating my Jokerboxes. Check it out.

www.jokerboxes.com

I like this guy! Cool products and an informative video. I'm thinking (as a sound guy) that one of these would be great to stow cables and adapters in, plus you could easily attach a Quickfist to hold a boom pole. Carry stuff, have someplace to keep the boom and something to stand on for extra height. I like it!

Great promotional video. Congrats, Ben!

Between this and your previous Jokerbox post, and having cruised around your web site, been thinking that you could take this basic idea into our Sound Department market one step further: specifically designed for a boom stand.

Really like the boom apple box gifted from a boom op pal that has in addition to the two hand holes, just one larger hole on one small side. I've added the bit of trick line upon which to hang the boom op's transmitter:

8618321929_bebc9d0aac_d.jpg

It's constructed of heavier-duty ply than a typical apple, presumably adding weight so it's less likely to topple. Fact is, when loaded with a Zeppelin and faced with big wind, it does topple.

Improvements...

• slide-out bottom "legs" for stability (rather than depending on weight alone)

4Sun48Step_web300-2.jpg

• retractable handle and recessed wheels (think rolling luggage - see image below)
  • a latching or slide-up "door" for access to interior storage for belt, headphones, etc.
  • interior shelves with matching holes for pole stability
  • I've added a bit of trick line through the hand holes that offers a place to quickly hang a wireless transmitter, but certain there's a more elegant solution.
  • 'Twould be nice to have some kind of retractable cable hook...

Visual reference for handle and wheels (thanks to Jeff Wexler for turning me on to Zucca bags):

8618335703_d3a621f44a_d.jpg

Have been thinking about this for a while; thanks for making me think about it again :)