Cases for Zaxcom ERX

JonG

There'a few stores I want to check out. Locally we have a place called Five Below that's like a $5 and under store targeted mostly at kids. They always have had a lot of phone (and iPad and Nintendo and whatever) cases that are old stock, or for older phones or something. I found cases there for a flip phone that fit the older style Comtek 72 series. A little snug, but you only remove them for battery changes anyway. Not bad for $3/each, and they had a belt clip I much preferred to the old Cometk style. 

I'm also looking at options for Zaxcom transmitter cases, and hoping I will stumble onto something. At least with the ERX, we know iPod and older iPhone cases work well, I have no idea what phone is a similar size to a TRXLA2, and can't think of anything offhand that would be similar size that uses a belt pouch. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Amazon lists the EZ body glove, but only through Google, not through Amazon's own search. Maybe it is wonky...

Still, I have not found it anywhere in Europe and buying it in the US is a bit of a hassle. Anyway, what's the problem with K-Tek designing a new and better one, Jeff?

COST.

I don't mind paying extra for a case that works right. Currently the swiss made cell phone cases i use (about $10 ea) works great for handing to client, so i probably wouldn't spend the money to replace 13 of them. I use the same case with velcro instead of a belt clip for camera, which works great for me.

I would buy two for scripty if the tc was easy to read.

I bought one of these iphone 4 waterproof cases from pelican for my erx but i dont use it as much because it s really too bulky. The one feature that i really like about it is that they have a little built in cable extension that protects the erx connector. That would be a great feature on a potential smaller k tek erx pouche. (Also a locking connector à la g3 would be icing on the cake).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002Y26EUC?pc_redir=1399178925&robot_redir=1

Now, if we make something, it won't be super cheap like the things linked here, but they will be made for the ERX. Are you guys going to be willing to spend some extra cash on something actually designed for the ERX, or are you willing to use the cheap stuff because it's cheap? OR..are you just using the cheap stuff because that's all that's available to you? 

Do you have a ballpark price range?

Do you have a ballpark price range?

not at this time. We are still in the designing phase. Once that is finalized we'll have a better idea. I will bet it won't be really cheap like $5. What I find interesting is that folks don't mind throwing down a good amount of cash for a mixer or recorder when there are cheaper options out there, but if a pouch for an expensive ERX is uber cheap, and there could be another one that is a little bit more (but still cheap in the grand scheme of audio gear) people get in a tizzy. If it is $25 or $35, but designed specifically for the ERX, I wouldn't think that would be bad. 

Right now I spend very little $$ on my ERX cases because I have to modify them myself. For instance - I bought a bunch of the cheap (but surprisingly durable) Body Glove phone cases with a clear front window and attached (360˚ spinning) belt clip. These work well enough for an IFB situation, but when I need my ERXs as hops to camera (which is most of the time) I have to attach a Sennheiser G3 cold shoe mount to the Body Glove belt clip.

If there was an all in one (durable + windowed + 360˚ spinning belt-clip + cold-shoe mount) case I would absolutely be willing to pay $25-35 a piece. 

Cheers,

Evan

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.acedepot.com/body-glove-ez-view-universal-smartphone-case-fits-most-cell-phones-1-pack-retail-packaging-black.html

in case (PUN!) anyone is interested in the bodyglove EZ view cases, i found this place in nj that has them $13/ea. i looked at a ton of cases for my erx's and so far these still seem to be the best fit for human ifb use, BUT i had no idea there were multiple sizes! if it was mentioned here sorry i missed it. i ordered 8 cases, 3 of them came in LARGE and 5 came in MEDIUM. the med sized do work but it puts the screen at the very top edge of the leather/pleather just enough to be lost in the shadow of the top of the case and makes it hard to see the tc readout. LARGE size is a perfect fit. working on returning/exchanging now...

for cam mount i found these k-tek plates w velcro to be a perfect low profile fit. you can use 8-12" velcro cable straps around the bottom if extra security is needed but i feel the velcro on the plate and back of erx is working pretty solid for me. have a 7" articulating arm and cold shoe clamp standing by when someone needs the cam shoe. i think with all these options i have most erx scenarios covered?? so far so good anyways.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/687517-REG/K_Tek_K_SPT_K_SPT_Shoe_Plate_Mount.html

Ken

• 1 year later...

To bring up this rather old thread...

I just found that Ktek made a pretty good shaping holder for ERX. Not cheap but seems very well thought out.

http://www.pinknoise-systems.co.uk/kserx-stingray-erx-holder.html

There's yet no information on their own site. Is there anyone already used this?

Masaki

• 2 weeks later...
On 4 April 2016 at 10:50 PM, Masaki Hatsui said:

To bring up this rather old thread...

I just found that Ktek made a pretty good shaping holder for ERX. Not cheap but seems very well thought out.

http://www.pinknoise-systems.co.uk/kserx-stingray-erx-holder.html

There's yet no information on their own site. Is there anyone already used this?

Masaki

I'm also trying to find info on this product… specifically about the thread size.  It's been described as a 1/2-20 thread… seems like a strange size, so I'm wondering if it's a typo?  I would have thought 1/4" was more practical.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I know this is a dated thread. But Google search refers “Zaxcom ERX Cases” to this topic specifically.  Might help someone out. 

I found a functional substitute for the Body Glove cases sans window at a local Walmart. The Bytech Large Universal Smartphone Case.  ERX2’s fit snug and the flap goes well over the volume knob. It has a mounted swivel belt clip and enough room to accommodate a straight 1/8 connector. $5.78 each.

In a pinch and it might come in handy.