Skywalker Sound

Eric Leonard

I did a job there for Lucas's GLEF a few years back, and have to say the Main House is one of the most beautifully crafted buildings I've ever been in. Lucas told us that most of the interior wood work - doors, the moulding and so on were milled from reclaimed redwood bridge timbers. We shot in the library, which was a slice of film history. And the Inn is without a doubt the most comfortable place I've ever stayed on the road. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get into Skywalker Sound for a tour - all of the rooms were busy and we had flights to catch the next day.

George Lucas takes a lot of pride in the Ranch, and rightly so. It's a really wonderful place with a lot of really nice folks on staff.

Best to all,

Jim

very cool story. I did a little business with a audio tech. from the presidio office or campus, actually met him at NAB 3 years ago. very nice people that seemed confident, yet humble and content (just like there boss?)

a few years before that at my former employer, I remember Randy Thom's called the rental dept.he needed to subrent some portable gear, and it was as if the president just called. I was a little nervous at first for some reason,I did not want to screw up. but he was just as cool, and made no big deal of his "name" or for who he was renting-skywalker sound"

thanks,