New service company in town

My name is David White. I was a technician at one of the biggest audio dealers in the business for 15 years. Over that time I have worked on equipment that belongs to most, if not all, of the location mixers in the industry.

I have opened my own company, D.W. Sound Service. Although we specialize in service and repair of wireless and communications equipment, we also service Mixing Panels, Slates, Power Supplies, Amps, and most of the equipment that is a part of your sound packages. We will be expanding in the very near future to include Cable and Microphone repair. If there is any way that we might be of "service" to you, please give us a call at (661) 297-4090. Our contact information and labor rate information can be found on our web-site at:

www.dwsoundservice.com

David W White

D.W. Sound Service

www.dwsoundservice.com 

Hey David, thanks for the info about your new company. I just wanted make sure that everyone understands it is in So Cal. That wasn´t obvious from your post, and a lot of peeps here "JWSOUND¨ are not from California. Not sure it matters, but I was curious as to your where you were located. Good luck.

CrewC

For those that would be interested, we can make arrangements for Pick-up and Delivery service. Let us know and work out the details. We have also worked out a deal with a company in the Burbank area so that you can pick up and deliver your equipment locally.

Thanks,

David W White

D.W. Sound Service

www.dwsoundservice.com

Good too see another option available but are you factory authorized by any of the manufactures (Lectrosonics, Cooper, Sound Devices, etc.) for warranty and repair work?

We are in the process of obtaining the "Authorized" status from many of the mfg's. We are on track to making an announcement with respect to several of them by NAB in April. This forum will be one of the first to know when that happens. We will also updating our website with new and exciting information over the next several weeks to include service options that are not offered by other service centers in the Los Angeles area.

David White

D.W. Sound Service

www.dwsoundservice.com

David W White

D.W. 

• 4 weeks later...

In the next two weeks our website will be completely new. With more information, links and news about the industry. We will also have several exciting announcements at that same time concerning new services we will be providing. In the mean time we have a new blog. It will have comments and information about happenings in the industry. From bandwidth proposals to new product roll-outs. Feel free to visit and comment. The URL for our new blog is:  dwsoundservice.blogspot.com

David W White

D.W. Sound Service

www.dwsoundservice.com

Well ahead of schedule, D.W. Sound Service is very please to announce that our new website is up and running. In the coming weeks we will be adding to it. Our blog will be moved to the website very shortly, and we will have a new "Tech Tip" section. It is our hope that not only will we have tips and technical articles written by us but, have tips submitted by those of you working  out in the field.

We would say big "Thank You" to one of your fellow sound mixers, Richard Ragon at good4sound.com. Without Richards help, this new website would not have been possible.

David W White

D.W. Sound Service

www.dwsoundservice.com

• 2 months later...

To better serve our loyal customers, D.W. Sound Service is please to announce that as of July 1, 2008, we will be relocating our office. It will now be located in the City of Burbank at 3210 W. Burbank Blvd Suite B.  We would like to invite you all to come by and see the services we have to offer. We can also be reached by phone at (818) 566-3000.

Thanks,

David W White

D.W. Sound Service

www.dwsoundservice.com

I had occasion to use David's services to fix a problem with my Cooper mixer. He was very accommodating about pick-up and delivery (his shop was in Santa Clarita at the time) and attended to the work promptly and effectively. It's only the one experience so I can't vouch for everything he might do but I thought I would weigh in with that one good encounter.

David Waelder

• 2 weeks later...

D.W. Sound Service has completed our move and are now up and running at our new office. We are now pleased to announce that as of July 16, we will have the capacity to perform firmware updates on all Lectrosonics wireless equipment. Stop by our office or give us a call and see how we can help you with all your Lectro update needs. We can be reached at:

3210 W. Burbank Blvd. Ste B

Burbank, Ca. 91505

(818) 566-3000

David W White

D.W. Sound Service

www.dwsoundservice.com

• 3 weeks later...

D.W. Sound Service is again pleased to announce that we are doing some growing. We now have a technician to take care of all your cabling needs. If you need a cable built, or need to have your cables repaired, trust that D.W. Sound Service can be of service to you. If you have a pile of bad cables and need an estimate, bring them in and we will let you know what it will take to repair your cables. We can have your work done quickly and professionally.

Also, we now have the equipment to repair your Cooper Mixers. If you have an older CS106+1, a 104, or a new 208, D.W. Sound Service has the experience to take care of your Cooper Mixers. Give us a call or come by our office and see how we can take care of all your service needs.

David W White

D.W. Sound Service

www.dwsoundservice.com