Frequency in Louisiana

Perreault

i have used 19, 25 and 27 in Grand Isle, NOLA and Shreveport! 

What to watch out for...it's hot and humid and could rain everyday...but the food is fantastic and the people friendly!!!

Oh yeah, lots of bugs if you are near the coast...

All that said, I really enjoy going to Louisiana, but look forward to leaving. 

cleve

Perreault and Justan, I have a feeling we're all working on the same show...

I think you are correct :)

Thanks for the advice. I have blocks 21 and 24. Production has not told us where we are yet. But it's an Oil Rig show. So I imagine in the middle of nowhere.

I am very excited to go. I have never heard a bad thing about the area.

Better than 95% of the oil rigs are offshore!!!  And some are REALLY offshore.  If that is the case, then you will have no frequency problems at all.  Also if that is the case, be prepared for some long boat rides, some helicopter rides and some very humid weather.  On the other hand, if you are offshore and welcomed, the people are great, the food OUTSTANDING and an unique experience. 

If you do ride out on a workboat, put all your gear in Pelican or waterproof cases.  They are long sterned craft totally open to the elements.  You may be able to duck into the wheelhouse if a rainstorm pops up, but not enough room for your gear. 

if that is indeed the case, then you are in for a real treat, when they send down the rope basket from the deck of the rig, you load cases into the net, you step on top of the cases and ride from the boat's deck to the platform.  It is a real thrill the first time. 

BTW...production should really let you know if you are going offshore and spending lots of hours on rigs...no shorts, no tee shirts, long sleeve shirts on many rigs, and good sturdy, often steel toed boots.  They have their rules, but once you are on there, you will see why they have the rules...

Better than 95% of the oil rigs are offshore!!!  And some are REALLY offshore.  If that is the case, then you will have no frequency problems at all.  Also if that is the case, be prepared for some long boat rides, some helicopter rides and some very humid weather.  On the other hand, if you are offshore and welcomed, the people are great, the food OUTSTANDING and an unique experience. 

If you do ride out on a workboat, put all your gear in Pelican or waterproof cases.  They are long sterned craft totally open to the elements.  You may be able to duck into the wheelhouse if a rainstorm pops up, but not enough room for your gear. 

if that is indeed the case, then you are in for a real treat, when they send down the rope basket from the deck of the rig, you load cases into the net, you step on top of the cases and ride from the boat's deck to the platform.  It is a real thrill the first time. 

BTW...production should really let you know if you are going offshore and spending lots of hours on rigs...no shorts, no tee shirts, long sleeve shirts on many rigs, and good sturdy, often steel toed boots.  They have their rules, but once you are on there, you will see why they have the rules...

Thanks! This is all great info.

This is the fourth season of the show. I worked on it last season. We've all had the proper training. And production is very good at making sure we have all the proper safety gear.

Maybe they just haven't told me where we are shooting. Not sure if the other sound guys on the team on here know. I guess I'll fire off an email :)

It's a good thing you're all coming. There's a shortage of mixers in Louisiana ;)

When a mixer calls me saying they're thinking about moving here I always say they're welcome to, but that they should bring their boomer and utility!  There is a SERIOUS lack of boomer and utilities here...

I would like to say that French Canadians smell funny, but I won't.  heh

Dan Izen

When a mixer calls me saying they're thinking about moving here I always say they're welcome to, but that they should bring their boomer and utility! There is a SERIOUS lack of boomer and utilities here...

I would like to say that French Canadians smell funny, but I won't. heh

Dan Izen

Dan I will stay after this show and be your Boom guy ;)

Although, I'm only an okay boom guy.