Zaxcom Camera Link

Jack Norflus

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see some scans on those RX's

I will post photos over the weekend but the scans I did with my 411s in blocks 25 and 26 with the transmitter at 100mW and being that close the spray was almost non existent. There was extra attention paid to the spray issue and it appears like it paid off.

Here are scans of my Lectro 411a receivers.

2 receivers on block 25 and 2 receivers on block 26

Zaxcom camera link on block 21.

Camera link transmitter power set at max output level at 100mW.

I went to my garage - because it is the part of my house that has the least RF. I fired up the 411's and scaned. Without turning off the 411's then I fired up the camera link (frequency was chosen at random)

post-1067-0-62424400-1366412502_thumb.jp

post-1067-0-68997200-1366412528_thumb.jp

Looking good !  Of course at 4 blocks away I should hope so! Regardless of block It's good that you're able to operate it so close to the receivers.

Same power supply I assume as the 411s?  IFB transmitter powered up, and at what power?  BDS or other type?

I'd like to see this with a block 20 or 22 receiver.  

Thanks Jack!

Everything powered off a common NP1. The BDS is a very old Peter Engh BDS - which he made for me back around 1997.

ZaxNet turned on - at this point in the software there is no adjustments on ZaxNet level so it is full up.

Even though they are several blocks apart there is SIGNIFICANTLY less spray from the Camera Link than from my TRX900AA with STA.

Sorry can't try other blocks since I don't own them.

Though if there is someone in NY with those blocks let me know and we can test them.

I also intentionally put the Link close to the 411's - for my normal operations I would have a bit more separation.

Zaxnet power will be between 50mW and 100mW final results will be known in about 3 weeks. Yes the link needs 1 block in between the operating frequency and the bag receivers. Since the TRX900CL operates over 2 blocks it is more flexible than our previous offerings as it utilizes switched filters to minimize the noise floor. The more blocks you can have in between the better.

Glenn

First full day using the Zaxcom Camera Link. And the link performed like a champ - I had output level running at 100mW and I had rock solid RF performance with no real RF spray.

And the best feature is its form factor. It is so much better than the TRX900AA with STA - mounting in a bag is so easy and takes up much less space.

post-1067-0-74421800-1366855698_thumb.jp

First full day using the Zaxcom Camera Link. And the link performed like a champ - I had output level running at 100mW and I had rock solid RF performance with no real RF spray.

And the best feature is its form factor. It is so much better than the TRX900AA with STA - mounting in a bag is so easy and takes up much less space.

That's great news. So very tempting...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello jack, just wondering if you managed to test the auto load function ie with camera in record run and triggering the camera link recorder, I haven't had any success with my trx900aa/sra150 in auto load , drops out half way thru recording erratic performance, it is however rock solid on manual and autijam..thanks..richard

Hello jack, just wondering if you managed to test the auto load function ie with camera in record run and triggering the camera link recorder, I haven't had any success with my trx900aa/sra150 in auto load , drops out half way thru recording erratic performance, it is however rock solid on manual and autijam..thanks..richard

I have not - generally I don't use auto load in my work flow. But I will test this and get back to you.

Though the handfull of times i used it with my 900AA/STA I never had an issue. Were you in and out of range of the camera and it lost TC?

Both of my sta150/trx900 works very fine on auto-load from receiving camera rec-run tc all the time via QIFB on camera. The tc cable on camera's qifb the signal is on the 3.5mm's ring

Richard

Ran auto-load through its paces today and I can report that it passed with flying colors.