Nomad additional 8 rotary fader option

glenn

I, for one, am super excited about this. In the worst case scenario, it will add four physical faders for inputs 7-10 (with autotrim) to my nomad, which would be a very valuable addition for me. It will undoubtedly be able to do much more than that, but just being able to run all 10 analogue inputs (or 11 if you include slate mic) without the vFaders alone is a valuable addition to my nomad rig. How valuable? I guess we'll see when they release the price...

And the actual unit - anyone got wind of an ETA?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Helpful you are. Just looking to understand reasons why. Why can it not physically mount on the bottom, why doesn't maxx have zaxnet. Why is my machine squealing, Why is my screen screen dim. Ect... Questions can kickstart thinking, problem solving and sometimes redesign. I don't have to get over anything. I just won't buy it if it doesn't do what I need it to, and I'm in good company.

• 2 months later...

Yes, was also thinking about this today. We all love the new developments with the wireless, but please keep working towards the fader add-on, Zax. I was reminded the past couple days of how dreadful it can be mixing more then 6 inputs on a Nomad. I'd love to have a couple empty knobs sitting around waiting for hookup to a QRX235!

Yes, was also thinking about this today. We all love the new developments with the wireless, but please keep working towards the fader add-on, Zax. I was reminded the past couple days of how dreadful it can be mixing more then 6 inputs on a Nomad. I'd love to have a couple empty knobs sitting around waiting for hookup to a QRX235!

I'm in the same situation. That 6th wire is a chore. The only shortcut I can offer is to adjust gain in the channel setup menu.

I don't like having more than 6 wires anyway, so I don't need the fader panel as much.

I'm in the same situation. That 6th wire is a chore.

I agree. I ve asked howy if it would be possible to have one input line of display from the card tracks page that could also be the virtual fader access so we wont have to toggle between card page and input page when controlling input #7,8,9 and 10. That would make it easier to control those extra wireless i m sure.

Let s wait and see.

I agree. I ve asked howy if it would be possible to have one input line of display from the card tracks page that could also be the virtual fader access so we wont have to toggle between card page and input page when controlling input #7,8,9 and 10. That would make it easier to control those extra wireless i m sure.

Let s wait and see.

Good suggestion, I was going to ask the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is surprising how hard it is to find information about this new fader panel.  Trew Audio has a video from NAB where it is referenced.  And then this thread.  But not even on the Zaxcom site do I find anything about it.  That is a surprise as this should make the Nomad a more handy recording tool.  I had already planned to purchase a Nomad 10 or 12 in the next year.  The new fader panel cements the idea.

It is surprising how hard it is to find information about this new fader panel.  Trew Audio has a video from NAB where it is referenced.  And then this thread.  But not even on the Zaxcom site do I find anything about it.  That is a surprise as this should make the Nomad a more handy recording tool.  I had already planned to purchase a Nomad 10 or 12 in the next year.  The new fader panel cements the idea.

This falls under the "You Can't Win" department.

There have been times in the past when Zaxcom has been criticized for promoting products too heavily prior to full release.  While I agree that they aren't always at their best with detailed, in-depth information, Zaxcom's new web site is part of the company's recent initiatives to improve in that area.  Still, often your best source of information on their products is early adopters.

I'm curious about the new panel, also.  I'd like to know its dimensions, the weight, and its current requirements.

• 1 month later...