Nomad additional 8 rotary fader option

glenn

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please please please include a physical pan switch! Or, like Greg said, allow the faders to control pan!

A physical pan switch might be awkward considering that the other faders don't have them. What might be cool though, as Mark mentioned, to have them actually be assignable as pan control for the faders that are already there if you really want a physical pan switch. I might use that option

Fantastic! Jwsound can titulate itself "product development aggregator".

Feed back is good. Many features in Nomad - as well as other Zaxcom products - are a direct result of user feed back.

Zaxcom products being mainly software driven makes it easy for it to evolve to better serve us.

Nomad is still still evolving.

Maxx has no Zaxnet, Maxx does not have 8 channels, Maxx does not have any USB or serial connector to hook any external mixer or controls up....just sayin.

Full functional Maxx has four analog input 2 digital input and two return input.....yes no USB connector YET !!!

Why would you need a fader pack for a Maxx?

Why wouldn't I want one ? If the USB thing can be done to link the 2-3 qrx and new panel together in the bag and I can send Zax gain control through QIFB, 4+8 faders can get fully control of any inputs and any Zax TX in bag.

WHY NOT ????

I personally would rather see a Smart Phone or tablet app. I'm not having a problem with the original design. I think it was pretty well thought out and easy to use for ENG type work. I bit of a tweak to the home screens maybe.

Would never work, at least not without jailbroken iDevices or being Android only, neither of which is a good solution. Zaxnet operates on 2.4Gjz, iPhones would have to connect over 2.4ghz WIFI (a la CL-WIFI) and would need a separate (consistent) wifi reception solution...

... But now with this im thinking nomad. Props to zaxcom. About the app & wifi: If the nomad has usb... Why not just have a downloadable app connected via usb that pans etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Apple doesn't allow third party manufacturers to send those kinds of commands over USB. Hence why CL-Wifi from Sound Devices connects the way it does.