How to string a Mole Richardson Type 103B

ve7kjr

Ve7kjr: this is ***priceless*** ! I've so much worked on these booms in the past and at the time there was only one guy who was considered a "reference" in tuning these booms here. I'd adjust little things here and there since sometimes in some studios the booms were beaten up but I was also really affraid to mess up things with the strings so just limited myself to adjusting the carrier (right name ?) so I could get a better reach and sometimes try to re-adjust the wheels "alignment" so the boom would go out straight instead of twisting on its axle, raising the mic rig to one side or the other but really, just small little things... Seeing this video brought back some memories, you have no idea. Thanks a lot sir, you made my day.

Hi Pierre, Glad to hear you enjoyed this video and it brought back some memories from days past for you. When the arm rotates slightly in the tube it is called "clocking" left or right A little rotation of the arm by hand will bring it back but if it is an ongoing problem the arm has to come of and the rollers adjusted or replaced There was an old Mole here in Vancouver that someone was trying to sell and kept asking me if I wanted to buy it which I didn't. It was in bad shape and ended up going to the metal recycling plant, a sad ending but what are you going to do. Carrier is called "weight carriage assembly" . Strings are called "Cords"

Phil"KJR"