Happy NFL Draft Day!

Steve Joachim

And what do you hope Santa will bring your team this year? An immovable DE? A fleet of foot WR? A knock the snot out of them Safety?

My Packers (correct usage of the word "My", I'm an owner thank you very much) really need an outside linebacker to compliment Clay Matthews, and help take the double teams off of him. I would also like to get a stud tackle and some depth on the O line. I am hoping to get at least one of these issues resolved on the first day. For some reason, my wife and daughter have declined my invitation to join me on the couch for the first round tonight. Sometimes I just don't understand them.

As a Vikings fan, I'll be happy with someone who is on the roster for the first game. A wide receiver who can catch would be nice too.

You got him. His name is Greg Jennings. He played for us last year and, now that Percy Harvin is gone, he will probably be your #1 guy. We are going to miss him in GB.

Rich,

I didn't know you were a Vikings fan! Ever make it over to Bar None on 3rd Ave on Sundays? It's a Viking bar in the front and a Saints bar in the back. I can't imagine what that was like during the 2009-10 Conference Championship game.

Anyways...yes, THREE 1st round picks!! What?! I think they're still short a middle linebacker and don't pick again in the draft until the night before the season starts...but after a surprising run to the play-offs last year, things are looking like the team is rebuilding well. 

Skol!!

Just like with any first round pick, the pressure will be on to prove they weren't bad picks or busts. And the Vikings have a history of really shining in that department (see D. Underwood and T. Williamson). But with all those picks spent to get back into the 1st round, the GM will definitely need that WR to come out looking good. 

josh i have never been over there but now that i know i will have to go check it out!

the vikings are making a trip to NY in October for a monday night game and i will be looking into tickets if you might be interested.

skol! 

Is that vs the Giants? 

Keep me in the loop as you look for tickets! 

I think the last Vikings game I was at was the playoff game versus the Saints at the Metrodome in 2000 (2001?) - the game before that 41-0 embarrassment against the Giants (I had to work that night, so I taped the game to watch later. I was pretty sure the Vikings would beat the Giants. I was living with some Giants fans at the time - they were happy for the VHS tape).