Saw this one today

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ! Someone in Chicago has you beat! I am sure it is a 5th grader. One thing that is funny is they want a profile shot ? Isn't this discrimination ? Think I will tell them I have a Canon Super 8

CL chicago city of chicago all gigs crew gigs

Reply sdtgz-3742980924@gigs.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-05-04, 5:11AM CDT

FILM CREW NEEDED (Chicago)

We are eager to begin production on our first film which we plan to submit to film festivals. Although we cannot pay cast or crew. All cast & crew will be respectfully credited in this film and will receive a free copy of the film. Crew is encouraged to have their own equipment (except studio lighting). This project is based upon VOLUNTEERS lending their talents out of love for filmmaking and building your resume. We will feed you. We ask you to carefully consider this project. Chicago or surrounding area people are encouraged to apply, because you are close to us. Must be prepared for filming indoors/outdoors and action scenes.

Applications to this casting call require:

A phone number

A profile photo

Type camera you own

Anyone from Illinois, United States

Must be willing to commit at least 30 consecutive days.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: no pay

Posting ID: 3742980924 Posted: 2013-05-04, 5:11AM CDT email to a friend

This project is based upon VOLUNTEERS lending their talents out of love for filmmaking 

I've been known to lend my talents out of love for a film (or occasionally, love for the filmmaker). 

But there's no shortage of opportunities if you just want to satisfy a love of filmmaking. Why do producers like this one try to sell the job based on promise of festival submission or a free copy? Wouldn't it make more sense to sell the film's story or the quality of the script?

...if they even have a story yet... 

Last chance for No Budget Film School!

Dear Filmmakers,

My class is this weekend. This may be the only time I teach it in LA this year, so you won't want to miss it. Don't wait for permission to be a filmmaker--learn how to make a movie right now with the resources you have.

NO BUDGET FILM SCHOOL PRESENTS:

"THE ART & SCIENCE OF NO BUDGET FILMMAKING"
A Two-Day No-Budget Filmmaking Immersion
May 11 & 12, 2013
Raleigh Studios - Los Angeles, CA

http://nobudgetfilmschool.eventbrite.com

Save 20%! Use Promotional Code:  SUBS

Dear Filmmakers,

My class is this weekend. This may be the only time I teach it in LA this year, so you won't want to miss it. Don't wait for permission to be a filmmaker--learn how to make a movie right now with the resources you have.

May 11 & 12, 2013

Give me a visa to attend.

Oh no. I can't ask the Olympic Air to travel free. Damn it.

Dear Filmmakers,

May 11 & 12, 2013

OMG that is truly hilarious. How can people be so stupid. If I headed up the class, I would walk in and say...okay I will say this only twice once today and once tomorrow, the first rule of making no budget filmmaking is that you should have put the 300 bucks you spent on this seminar into crafty for your film! I would then promptly leave and return the next day and say the same thing.

I've done plenty of projects for friends with no budgets. They worked around my schedule, understood if I had to leave with gear for a paying gig, and I always had a great time. The difference between them making a no budget film and these CL ads is: they were my friends.

Maybe these self-styled producers, screenwriters, and directors just need to make better friends. Or attend that class. Definitely attend that class! "Put the secrets of the Subway to work for you!"

That mean: They need to close the cycle of Festivals. After to find a distributor for cinema. It's 2 or 3 years to receive a 50 euro. You have done a film in 2013 and your 50 euro it's at 2015 or 2016.

I'd tell them I want 10% of the unadjusted rolling gross from dollar one, with a guarantee of X dollars (my typical daily rate times the number of shoot days) as a minimum in 30 days.

Marc believe me. I was ready for negotiations but the other side no.

Inexperience and young producers. Ok. I don't have a problem with "Inexperience" and "young"

because I'm young and it's my first request for feature film.

But I don't accept a "deferred payment" in 2 or 3 years paycheck IF the movie find a road to cinemas.

That's not my risk. It's a risk from producer side. Not mine. The whole problem is the money aren't "guarantee".

I offer a A rate in 30 days paycheck, B rate (and more high) in 60 days, C rate (and more high than B rate) in 120 days.

I get a lesson from that story.

- It's not easy to say no

- Always be in "negotiations" position.

How much important is to have a colleagues? The A and Q.

Vasileios,

It may be difficult to say "no,"but it's very empowering to do so. It serves to remind oneself that you're a professional, even if they're not.

Many beginning filmmakers learn the hard way, that if they want quality, two positions they have to pay for are sound and makeup.

John I agree 100%.

It's all about how to educate the client. And I'm trying hard to educate some clients in a good and logical way with rates.

Dilemma? Of course not. If I was accept that at the next time the other client ask me "Why you are accept that and you don't accept mine conditions (aka another deferred payment)"?

Carve my way. It's an important "period" for me.

And thanks again from my heart for that forum who develop the Jeff Wexler, all of you to share your knowledge (not only for technicals) and help a lot all of us who started the careers now.

Best

Vasileios