Atlanta Sound Mixer Weekend! Saturday BBQ & Sunday Event!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic event!

I am really grateful to give me that opportunity to watch and hear what happened in different country!

Thank you Chris, Whit and Jeff!

- Hilarious moments with Christina. Too much fun and merry!

- Eric Toline you are a big lover!!! If you know what I mean and if you remember about what talk!

- Senator! :)

- People from manufacturers: No one other industry doesn't have that support and attitude from manufacturers. That means a lot for us and for you!

I saw the Soundcraft Si-Expression 16 in one of the pictures --- who owns that one and was it being used for the event PA or as part of a demonstration or what?

attachicon.gifSoundcraft Si-16.jpeg

That was part of the Trew Audio display. I know it was connected to a bunch of stuff but can't remember specifics........actually after all the liquid libations foisted* upon us there I'm lucky if I can remember my name.

Eric.

* Everybody & their grandmother was buying rounds for the house. After a while even the grandmother was looking good.

The Soundcraft board made the trip down with me from Trew Nashville after several requests from the locals.  Thanks to everybody for making this a great event, though especially Whit, Kathy, and Chris D.  Leslie and I had a blast, and she's already looking forward to next year as this will also turn into her anual trip to Ikea.

This weekend was without doubt as good a confabulation of colleagues and support infrastructure as I have yet experienced. Not that there have not been similar collections of people together before, but this included that utterly charming flavor of southern hospitality that Whit, Kathy and Chris added in copious amounts.

Exciting news from our favorite manufacturers and vendors, begun with more excellent information from local post sound king Greg Crawford. More of that :) Yup. Let us endeavor everywhere to increase the gain on post sound, fading
them ever more into our face-to-face and text-based communities.

Those I met for the first (and second and third and fourth...) time totally made my professional and personal life measurably more rich.

Until next time!

XOXOX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

[Thanks Toline for correction.]

Great pics and thanks for posting them !!

I am glad to have been able to make so many new friends and meet some of the legends. 

Thanks for a fantastic weekend -- Untold thanks to Durf and Whit for making the behind the scenes stuff go together seamlessly, AWESOME showing from the vendors, and especially for the hostess who made all of us feel like family, A most humble thank you for all of the work that you did.

Rich, you should post pics of the new cart --  I think it's a HIT, and the rest of the crew here is probably going to think so too..

WOW,  just WOW

many of my thoughts have been expressed, and I'll re-express how terrific to meet some really great new friends.

I especially want to note thanks to Glenn S for sending Coleen out to take the big step and solo.  She stepped up to the plate, and hit a homer!

Thanks to everyone who made this a very successful first annual event!

From Whit to sharing his house, to the Manufacturers and Vendors for coming out and supporting us and sharing their latest products and, of course, to all the Sound Community who came from near AND afar to celebrate and embrace the weekend.

Whit and I are already stirring the pot for next year's event, which (I have a feeling) will be bigger & better, but still focus on being a comfortable and relaxed venue for all.

We have a strong sound community down here in Atlanta and it is, and always will be, our pleasure to share!

Cheers!

-Chris

I saw the Soundcraft Si-Expression 16 in one of the pictures --- who owns that one and was it being used for the event PA or as part of a demonstration or what?

attachicon.gifSoundcraft Si-16.jpeg

Hey Jeff I requested for Rob(Trew Audio) to bring it down as i believe it is  a much better option than the Yamaha 0196vi.  That one is getting wide spread use but its an old design of a digital board and the interface and menu structure feels like its out of the 80s.  The advantages to the SoundCraft Si Compact are many. 14 XLR outs to which you can route any of 18 analog inputs(14 XLR 4 TRS).  Also SoundCraft makes better sounding preamps as well as having a very simple and useful layout for actual mixing.

Hey Jeff I requested for Rob(Trew Audio) to bring it down as i believe it is  a much better option than the Yamaha 0196vi.  That one is getting wide spread use but its an old design of a digital board and the interface and menu structure feels like its out of the 80s.  The advantages to the SoundCraft Si Compact are many. 14 XLR outs to which you can route any of 18 analog inputs(14 XLR 4 TRS).  Also SoundCraft makes better sounding preamps as well as having a very simple and useful layout for actual mixing.

Thanks for your review. Interesting board for sure.

CrewC

I have been looking into the Soundcraft Board for the last 6 months or more, had a really thorough demo from Soundcraft people and have been waiting for Trew Audio to get one in (here in L.A.) so we can continue the evaluation. It looks very promising and a worthy alternative to the Yamaha. I believe the model which was originally named the Si-Compact is going to be rolled over into the Expression line (possibly just naming conventions changing) and by the end of June, so I have been told, the expansion card slot will support Dante network.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I do a real big shout out to Gotham! And Shure! for giving me a marvelous price!!! Being a wireless 'virgin', this shure receiver and transmitter are AWESOME!!! Thank you so much! I had a great time at the Atlanta Sound Convention and a lot of fun at Whit's BBQ.

Great pics by the way! Have a great 4th of July! Cheers!

I may have said this before, but I had a great time, and can't wait for the next one!

Great to meet everyone, adding new friends to the mix all the time. Maaike, it was great to meet you as well! I've worked with Shure wireless a lot in my live theatre and concert projects, if you ever have any questions about what works well with what, just let me know. 

I'm kinda surprised that we don't see more Shure wireless in the TV world, and more Lectros in theatre... But I guess it comes down to different work worlds and marketing. The Shure gear tend to be more rack mount receivers, although I didn't see specifically which model you won. Enjoy them!

Gotham sells the very handy "RF Explorer" scanner that you might want to pick up - there is a version of it that will scan from 15mHz all the way up to 2.4 gHz, and show you what the spectrum looks like in the same kind of "waterfall" that a Lectro 211 or 411 receiver does. It won't tell you what is transmitting, just show that something is there and what the frequency is so you can tune around it. Really a good wireless tool to have, especially for moving around a lot from location to location.