Filming at Fort Polk Leesville, Louisiana

DjGo

Dear group,

before contacting the right authorities at the armybase in Leesville, I thought let's ask on this forum first.  For an upcoming documentary  I will be doing sound. Filming will take place at Fort Polk in Leesville, Louisiana. I have never filmed at an army-base before let alone a US army-base (don't know if this is any different from other armybases). What kind of wireless-trouble could I get myself into, frequency-wise? Do I have to expect  range-drops/losing reception caused by strong interference from army-transmissions?  Anyone who filmed on that location before who could chime in? it would be very much appreciated. As I said, I will contact the supervising authorities who permitted us to film to ask about this, but any expert-info from the board would be of great help.

My wireless kit is 4 x Audio-ltd 2040 in the 630 - 654 mHz band. 

Thanks so much,

Diego

Many times, in these instances, the liaison can be really helpful.  Often they're super nice people who will try to make your experience go smoothly.  Once in a while they're the other kind, but your odds are pretty good.

Interference-wise, have a backup plan just in case (ability to direct wire, boom it, etc.), as you may not know for sure how your wireless will perform there until you're in the actual situation.

Many times, in these instances, the liaison can be really helpful.  Often they're super nice people who will try to make your experience go smoothly.  Once in a while they're the other kind, but your odds are pretty good.

Interference-wise, have a backup plan just in case (ability to direct wire, boom it, etc.), as you may not know for sure how your wireless will perform there until you're in the actual situation.

Thank you John. True in this case, I have been told the people at this base are very helpful and attentive. 

Shot there several times...you should be OK with your freq range, but never hurts to check.  The US ARMY uses two radios in the 400 range if you are on the training areas...700mhz for the two ways between the on base police, office buildings, etc. 

Be prepared for a very hot, humid shoot!  Getting to be that time of year there that can be quite uncomfortable...unfortunately at times wearing shorts is not allowed if you are in and around tanks, large equipment, etc. 

They do a lot of night parachute drops...shooting one of those is great fun. 

cleve

" wearing shorts is not allowed if you are in and around tanks, large equipment, etc. "

proper foot-ware is also required

"before contacting the right authorities at the armybase in Leesville, I thought let's ask on this forum first. "

no matter what we say here, the right authorities at the armybase are the folks to pay attention to