Looking for better gigs....anywhere!

Give me a break SMM, stop with the elitist crap. People can and will call their gear anything they want, all of which does not have a bearing on whether you should think they are "real sound mixers".  Nobody jumped down your throat this week when you completely misunderstood the post about a portable router with your suggestion of contacting Cell service providers. 

We deal in communication as sound mixers-----using the term "Senny" is poor communication.

J.D.

Military madness is the same around the world, finally.

You receive something wrong and the general ask you:

- Why this fault soldier?

- It wasn't my fault sir.

- But I see a fault and you, now.

Wrong place at wrong time.

Hahaha

We deal in communication as sound mixers-----using the term "Senny" is poor communication.

J.D.

When read in the context of the sentence that it was written , were you confused by what he was talking about? I doubt it very much.   I was not looking to start an argument about it, it just seems that sometimes there can be a culture here that forgets that there is a much wider group of mixers here from around the world and it is just silly to expect that we all will call things by a single name and that when we do use a different name, or in this case just a shortened version , it is even sillier to assume that they are not "real sound mixers" because of it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not that I ever verbally used the term "senny" but when typing it makes great shorthand for those of us who get it.

Too bad Sennheiser isn't in the spell check. Every time I type "Sennheiser" it gets underlined and I think I reversed the "e" and "i" or forgot an "n". Oddly enough the suggestions are Heisenberg or Eisenhower!

Can one utter Lectro around here and remain unscathed? Looks like it. How about SD for Sound Devices? That seems safe too.

I can't please all of you all of the time. I gotta just be me. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way. I'll try harder next time. I'm just the new kid in town trying to fit in. Try not to hate me too much. Thanks.

Can one utter Lectro around here and remain unscathed? Looks like it. How about SD for Sound Devices? That seems safe too.

I've actually heard the Lectro guys at their NAB booth say Lectro, so I think that's OK. 

The Senator will point out that the factory reps from Sennheiser in Germany sometimes pronounce it as ZENheiser. Senny does sound a little cheesy, but don't sweat it. 

(If you call Zaxcom "Zaxy," Glenn will slap you.)

I've actually heard the Lectro guys at their NAB booth say Lectro, so I think that's OK.

The Senator will point out that the factory reps from Sennheiser in Germany sometimes pronounce it as ZENheiser. Senny does sound a little cheesy, but don't sweat it.

They will actually always say "ZENheiser".

Senator probably believes you're talking to him when you say Senny

I've actually heard the Lectro guys at their NAB booth say Lectro, so I think that's OK. 

The Senator will point out that the factory reps from Sennheiser in Germany sometimes pronounce it as ZENheiser. Senny does sound a little cheesy, but don't sweat it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think all audio talk on set should be done with a German/Austrian/Russian accent. Makes the day go faster ;) People move out of the way a lot quicker too!

Maybe instead of points we should say, Achtung!

I think the worst example used in the USA is Lav instead of lavalier or personal mic.

In the UK a lav is a short cut for lavatory.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s. CAS.

Back in the stone ages of the INTERNET, we had www.Lectro.com  as a website until a company making large UPS's pointed out that they had trade marked Lecto before we got the Web site name. So we had to give it up and us the full name Lectrosonics. All this to say, Lectro suits us just fine.

Best,
Larry F
Lectro