Protests in Turkey against dictator president.

enginufuk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am living in Istanbul right now. On the streets every moment, daily life basically stopped over here. Everybody and his grandmother is on the street protesting. Police is too violent to describe. I got some gas bombs fired at me, they really aim at persons. Last night it was already "hell" on the Main Street, just 10seconds uphill from where I life. Today probably worse since more and more people are coming. My street is very quiet normally but the police are forcing the demonstrators down the hill with lots and lots of gas bombs. I closed all windows but it didnt prevent from getting inside last night.

See this small video I shot on my iPhone;

The whole point is to not run. Stay calm.

Keep your eyes open because you have two fronts. Police and protests.

Protect the camera guy from the rocks and from tear gas.

Become the "third eye" for cameraman. He/she can't see the rocks and tear gas.

:)

It's a front hard line protest basically. But police are just following. Yesterday I was followed by a undercover agent. When I found out I screamed with my best English accent "international press!" So he went away.

An yes, the "dictator" is pals with a lot of nations...

Wow, Vincent. That iPhone video you took is intense. Stay safe.

i got more...

Because CNN Türk is quite scared for the suppressive tactics against journalists here. I believe turkey is no.1 in the world with prisoned journalists...

I just came back from Taskim square. A good mood there:

But about 1 or 2 kilometers away from here in the district Beşiktaş new demonstrations are getting smashed in by police and their tricks (tear gas, agent orange). An I just got a phone call that they are planning to take down the electricity for the city tonight...