Finally!

Guest Taskin

Guest Taskin

Lets hear some feedback on the Audio Wireless gear.  There was some chat about their product line a few months ago but did not hear anything since.  

Enjoy your toys~  tools....

Thank you, I will report as soon as I break them in. I had a small walk test today and range was more than enough without the RF Venue...

Guest Taskin

That is one expensive couch. Enjoy.

I just used the diversity fin this week and really liked it. I needed something compact and quick to deploy, fit the bill very well. Big improvement over whip antennas with my Sennheiser sk50 systems.

Thanks Derek, I have yet to try it myself.

Huge step for me, from a 788 and 2 G3's with stock mics, to this! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations on your purchase Taskin,

I have dealt with Roger from Everything Audio and he is very helpful.

I own 4 Audio Wireless systems as well (two 32 MHz systems and two 120MHz) and I'm really happy with them so far. They are well built, small enough 1AA powered transmitter and the tuning range of the 120MHz system is extremely useful for the gigs that are outside the UK.

I did have the chance to test the system before buying and I was really happy with the performance.  I test both the Lectrosonics SRa/SMQV and the Audio wireless one after the other on the same frequency and liked the sound on both.  Range was greater on the audio wireless by about 20% roughly by the eye.  Range on both systems was greater than most of the uses that I ever have for them.

So far I have not been disapointed by my choice but I still havent put them through the test of a feature film shoot.  Hopefully this will happen in August and I will be able to feedback. 

Definitely an upgrade in my opinion from the G3 which I consider excellent systems for their price. Let us know your thoughts when you get the chance to properly test the units.

Guest Taskin

Congratulations on your purchase Taskin,

I have dealt with Roger from Everything Audio and he is very helpful.

I own 4 Audio Wireless systems as well (two 32 MHz systems and two 120MHz) and I'm really happy with them so far. They are well built, small enough 1AA powered transmitter and the tuning range of the 120MHz system is extremely useful for the gigs that are outside the UK.

I did have the chance to test the system before buying and I was really happy with the performance.  I test both the Lectrosonics SRa/SMQV and the Audio wireless one after the other on the same frequency and liked the sound on both.  Range was greater on the audio wireless by about 20% roughly by the eye.  Range on both systems was greater than most of the uses that I ever have for them.

So far I have not been disapointed by my choice but I still havent put them through the test of a feature film shoot.  Hopefully this will happen in August and I will be able to feedback. 

Definitely an upgrade in my opinion from the G3 which I consider excellent systems for their price. Let us know your thoughts when you get the chance to properly test the units.

Thank you NNsound,

I was also out to buy Lectros, but after some testing these turned out to be a better choice considering both performance and price. 

However I have not had the chance to test them out on the field, will start a TV series end of the month so I will get a better idea on the field. No long features any time soon but I am sure they will be just fine :)

Audio quality is great and like you said, range was more than what I would ever need on the walking test I did at the Elstree Studios.

Also recently got one of the Tx's tweaked by Aldo to work with a Schoeps CMR, can't wait to get out there! 

I will post my view on them as soon as I start to work.

Guest Taskin

The two boxes on the front left are Deben Tracer Lithium Polymer battery packs, as discussed elesewhere in the forum.

Regards,

John

Thats right John.

As for the RF Venue, Aldo from Audio Wireless is currently building aluminium casings that hold 4-6 Rx's, give antenna distribution, NP1 slot, Hirose power input, Audio Out and a USB charging plug, along with other features I cant remember now...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Taskin

I'd love to try the Audio Wireless kits. Wonder if they're planning a dual channel receiver... That would sweeten the deal even more.

Hey I have hear they are working on a dual channel.

Guest Taskin

Superb! Maybe by the time they release it I'll even have money to upgrade at least two channels from my G3's. And congrats on your new gear!

Thanks Karri!

Guest Taskin

I played with them today roughly but didn't time it properly, I will do it though. I turned them on at around 10am and the singles did run out towards the afternoon, but the double is still going now and it has been a whole day almost. I am using 2850mah Ansmans.

I will be on set with them soon I will test them properly.