SADiE closing it's doors?

Jeff Wexler

I was just reading in Prosound News, and maybe this is old news, that SADiE is closing it's doors. The article in Prosound goes into great detail about why the SADiE platform/product is no longer viable, and one of the things it talks about is the hardware base of their system. It was mentioned that it is very tough to compete in the DAW marketplace with proprietary hardware and to compete with software only solutions that rely on the ever increasing native power of computer CPU's.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Good news indeed today Jeff.

SADiE will be re opening its doors extremely soon, under the new ownership of Prism Audio.

It was announced today on the SADiE website that Prism Audio have bought the business and IP of SADiE.

The LRX will live on, and continue to kick multitrack ass ;-))

There must  be ahuge number of very happy SADiE owners today!!

I am one of them!!

I actually carry a SADiE in a mouse (PCM-2) with me at all times. I can edit, even master, on it, wherever I am with my laptop - it is an excellent product for sure.

Kindest regards to all,

Simon B

That's good news indeed for us SADiE mavens. 

If I had been them, though, I wouldn't have made the announcement on April first, I would have waited a day.

It'll be interesting to see what direction the company takes under a new banner.

JB

So far things look very good.  I had a personal email from the sales director of Prism after I sent them a message thanking them for rescuing Sadie. They say they intend to continue and maintain the current product line (good for me) as well as move the system ahead, hopefully into a more native or hybrid app kind of thing (like Pyramix perhaps).  I hope they someday make it platform agnostic, although there are several people I know already using LRX2s with Mac laptops via bootcamp.  Anyhow--they seem like solid folks, and I hope they retain the key Sadie programmers. No more Nashville office, but Prism has a USA office in NJ.

Philip Perkins

I have been using SADiE LRX and PCM 2 for the last 4 months on a MacBook Pro, running Win XP through Bootcamp. Not so much as a blip so far.

Now all I need to do is to remember how to start the machine up as a Mac and start learning about the dark side!!!  Don't bite Jeff, I say it in jest ;-))

Kindest regards,

Simon B

So far things look very good.  I had a personal email from the sales director of Prism after I sent them a message thanking them for rescuing Sadie. They say they intend to continue and maintain the current product line (good for me) as well as move the system ahead, hopefully into a more native or hybrid app kind of thing (like Pyramix perhaps).  I hope they someday make it platform agnostic, although there are several people I know already using LRX2s with Mac laptops via bootcamp.  Anyhow--they seem like solid folks, and I hope they retain the key Sadie programmers. No more Nashville office, but Prism has a USA office in NJ.

Philip Perkins