Lav this...

No problem! Just don't let the actors change their angle relative to the camera, and you'll be able to use a head mic and a transmitter taped to the blind side. Or better, don't even let them get up. Then you can cable the mics through the grass.

Oh, wait... the director also wants them to move around? And wants to zoom wide while they're acting, to show the whole grassy plain?

Also no problem: parabolic mic for the guide track, and ADR.

Wait again... it's in the landing path of a busy airport...?

"Why do other countries hate us?"

I'm sorry, this wreaks of gimmicky network bullish!t... how would swimwear change the parameters of the show? -- other than the fact that they'd no longer be completely nude.  

WM transmitters...in my car...as I drive away.

This is the smartest reply I've read so far.

~tt

GoPros record audio, too, and the mic will always be out of the camera's wide field of view. <g>

In the article a producer said they leave the GoPros running constantly. In another comment, a producer mentioned collecting the cards once a day...

With about a two hour max time on the internal battery, and the limits of recording time on a single CF card, I wonder if these producers have conferred with both each other and the camera department.

“We wanted scenarios that are so real they are unreal,” said Contis, referring to the premise of “Naked and Afraid.”

Yeah, I remember the time I was dropped off in the Maldives, naked...

As a professional, I would have no problems working on this show if they paid my proper rate and per diem and their expectations were reasonable.

However, as a person, I look forward to not watching this show when it airs.

Well said.

Mark O.

It also depends what action was happening or going to happen

A plant mike, but if its a walk and talk well think again I guess

Discussion with the director about the realities of sound versus picture is a rational approach

Compromise is our greatest ally! (always done on the basis of what the production needs)

mike

• 3 weeks later...