Sign in to follow this  
jonmoore

What a lectro scan looks like in Times Square right now

I'd be curious to see when the theater shows kick in. Of course that would vary with exact location.

Block 26 is the winner though.

I've got theaters ALL around me. 8)

I'd be curious to see when the theater shows kick in.

The theaters are using such low power tx - so that wouldn't be too much of an issue unless you were standing right at the stage door.

Recently I was on a gig in Times Square, switched on my SRa and saw I was receiving audio.  I assumed it was noise but I saw it was moving like dialogue.  I put on my headphones and it was someone's lav from a nearby morning talkshow backstage! Very impressive range as we weren't that close to the building. I guess that was bound to happen at some point since I was using the Lectro pre-coordinated frequencies.

I was once working at the Hotel Pennsylvania (aka, Hotel Transylvania) and picked up the Imus show's IFBs right across 7th Ave. at Penn Plaza, we were on about the same horizontal plane as I was on the HP's 18th Fl. ball room.

I see no problem on the high end of Block 19 (which I use sometimes). Between 19 and 20, I bet you could get 8 channels, easy. There's always RF holes you can punch through. 

I bet there are street corners in Vegas that are worse at certain times of day!