Test Drove a Nissan NV-200 today

ProSound

Was driving past my local nissan dealership today and saw a NV-200 so decided to stop in for a test drive. I was very impressed with the build quality of the truck, passenger compartment comfort ( I am 6'4 and 285lbs) and overall size of cargo compartment for a truck of this size. It was designed to fit a pallet in the back. My rubbermaid follow cart and PSC vertical cart will fit without a problem and I think I can still fit some small storage shelfs in it. Despite an advertised 25 MPG combined. This one had 4500 miles on it and the on board computer said it was getting 31.5 MPG the sales person said his other customers are reporting 30 MPG with it loaded up. It had good acceleration and handling as well made a U-turn at 25MPH without an issue. I was very impressed with it so you may want to look at one if you have a smaller sound package. 

http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/nv200-compact-cargo?tool=global.nv200.link

I love the idea of a cargo van with doors on both sides! That would really make the load-out much easier. 

I thought it would too, but have ended up really only using one side door on my FTC nearly all the time.  Having that corner to pile stuff up in without having to make sure the door can open has been helpful, so if I was going to order a new van I'm not sure I'd think the 2nd sliding door was worth it

philp 

Whitney - this compares to the Transit Connect 2L 4 cyl - did you feel enough oomph in the power train to get some "heavy lifting" done?

Btw - those mileage specs, if true and real-world, are far better than I'm getting in my TC - 19-22 loaded, up to 24mpg not...

MF