Zaxcom Maxx - Here's the latest

Jack Norflus

So Maxx is currently well into beta testing and so far it is passing with flying colors. Just a few more software tweaks and they will start shipping.

My impressions so far:

I like that Maxx is very compact and light weight.

The screen brightness when turned to 11 is quite bright - Zaxcom has somehow made the screen even brighter than in Nomad - and the removal of the plastic overlay cuts down on glare which adds to the visibility.

The menu structure is very similar to Nomad so anybody who is familiar with Nomad can jump right in with no learning curve.

I like the added dedicated PFL buttons.

As for the down side - they are all software related annoyances which will be fixed prior to release.

post-1067-0-83460000-1371695882_thumb.jp

The SMA will be there - as a matter of fact the receptacle for the AES board and transmitter are going to be in all the units. So if you buy a base model Maxx and you want to add the AES or transmitter option at a later date you can add the additional hardware on your own.

It is as simple as opening the case plugging in the hardware, fastening it with three screws and plugging in the antenna.

Cool. Did u test the Maxx's tc signal? See if it has zaxnet signal ? The ability to roll external IFB.

And is there a special digital input setup page , or it's the same like what's on nomad.

Thanks Jack

Maxx has no ZaxNet.

There are seperate digital input setup page for each AES input.

Jon

I believe that Zaxcom is close to begin to ship so official beta testing is wrapping up.

Also if you were thinking about a Maxx I would contact your dealer for a demo because this machine is pretty bad ass. I'm looking foward to building a super tiny lightweight bag with it. Just trying to figure out a bag that would work.

Jon

I believe that Zaxcom is close to begin to ship so official beta testing is wrapping up.

Also if you were thinking about a Maxx I would contact your dealer for a demo because this machine is pretty bad ass. I'm looking foward to building a super tiny lightweight bag with it. Just trying to figure out a bag that would work.

Buttocks or donkey?

It was arse that meant what we think of as “ass” now.  As the meaning shifted, people who wanted to refer to the animal got embarrassed and came up with a new word. Although ass goes back thousands of years, donkey only shows up in 1785, as ass the rear end was gaining strength in common usage.”

the phrase bad-ass (or, as the OED prefers, badass) goes back to the 1950s.

1956 Amer. Speech 31 191 A marine who postures toughness is sarcastically labeled a badass.

Given a culture that finds toughness and aggression desirable or impressive qualities, there's not much of semantic leap between "impressively tough, uncompromising, or combative" and "formidably skilled" or "formidable, superlative."

I was just curious :)

Wait, really? I could have sworn that the Maxx would work like the deva/fusion does with zax net over TC...

it is true AT this moment, at least current Nomad's tc output do not contain any zaxnet signal to roll external IFB machine, nomad can send zaxnet over its own IFB but do not have the ability to control external IFB100. Neither does Maxx.

Howy said it shouldn't be hard to add that function,but only after he finishes the auto-mix on nomad i think.