SD 664 Bag?

Dean Gudmundson

Hey Guys,

Appreciate everyone who chimed in giving their opinions on bag in battle.

Looks like I'm going to go Petrol for 664. I have been using Petrol bag now for 744T and 442 for a few years and have been happy with it.

Beauty of JW forum. Good job Jeff.

Best,

Dean Gudmundson

South Florida

Let me know if you would consider a lightly used Petrol 617.  I think i am going to make a change to he new Porta Brace bag coming out,

Not sure if this has been answered or not, but I'm looking for a bag that fits 664 only, w/o space for the cl6. Something wide enough, but only deep enough for 664+wireless...

Well, you might wana look at the porta brace one then, but it sags bad.  Using PS617 instead with less of that issue (no CL6).

I have (2) Portabrace bags for my 664 recorders. I purchased a 664/CL6 bag for my second unit, although I don't need a CL6 yet (future expansion). The extended bag "velrcos" up nicely to make the 664 fit snug. I've only used Portabrace gear, so I have no comparison, but their quality is very good, and will replace any broken/defective parts for free...

Steve Wytas

www.audio911.com

In my opinion, none of the available bags for the 664 were designed with us in mind.

What will work PERFECT, for me at least, would be a Petrol 601 with an extra 1-1/2" inch or 2" in length and a slightly wider opening on the right side of the bag. You might still have to unplug the Lemo T/C and Hirose 10-pin connector to access the card(s), but it would be a more streamlined bag, sturdy, and with the HANDLES that we all love!

In my opinion, none of the available bags for the 664 were designed with us in mind.

What will work PERFECT, for me at least, would be a Petrol 601 with an extra 1-1/2" inch or 2" in length and a slightly wider opening on the right side of the bag. You might still have to unplug the Lemo T/C and Hirose 10-pin connector to access the card(s), but it would be a more streamlined bag, sturdy, and with the HANDLES that we all love!

+1!

Little wider with easier access to the media slots. AND handles!

Perfection.

R

• 3 months later...

I have been using the Petrol bag for 6 months, on shoulders and carts. Not happy. I don't think I'm unusual in that in my mixer bag I have 3-5 receivers, headphones, 1-2 transmitters, NP-1 battery, battery distribution box, a few misc. cables.

There is no compartment that comforatably fits the smallest headphones I would use (Sony 7506). But I squeeze them in anyway.

No good place for battery distro box. Does anyone NOT use such a box (or 2)?

I battery compartment works; just okay.

Don't like floppiness.

They can't supply handles so one isn't struggling to move the case by the shoulder strap??

The Portabrace MXC-664/CL6 looks terrible. Separate receiver case? Huh? Someone's going to use the mixer without wireless receivers?

Maybe one of the (very expensive) Kortwich bags would be better, but not enough details on the website.

The Camrade bag looks like it has many of the same problems as the Petrol bag.

I mostly do ENG work. I need headphones in the bag so I can pick up the bag and work. Is that asking too much?

I have been using the Petrol bag for 6 months, on shoulders and carts. Not happy. I don't think I'm unusual in that in my mixer bag I have 3-5 receivers, headphones, 1-2 transmitters, NP-1 battery, battery distribution box, a few misc. cables.

There is no compartment that comforatably fits the smallest headphones I would use (Sony 7506). But I squeeze them in anyway.

Don't like floppiness.

They can't supply handles so one isn't struggling to move the case by the shoulder strap??

The Portabrace MXC-664/CL6 looks terrible. Separate receiver case? Huh? Someone's going to use the mixer without wireless receivers?

Maybe one of the (very expensive) Kortwich bags would be better, but not enough details on the website.

I mostly do ENG work. I need headphones in the bag so I can pick up the bag and work. Is that asking too much?

Don't like floppiness.

Option.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...