just testing hyperlinks

Jeff Wexler

Okay, that accomplishes what I want (and something which was requested here before) but to do it is a little bit of a kluge.

For those interested, you need to type this code string in your post where you want the link (URL) to show up:

I have to spell this out to describe it, otherwise the codes will initiate and you won't be able to see them:

left bracket ([) url=http://somesite/right bracket (]) Site Name (any text) left bracket ([) url right bracket (]).  I know, it's a mess to describe, maybe not even worth it. I will post an attachment graphic that shows this string properly.

Put the full URL where it says "somesite", the text that you want to be seen where it says "Site Name" and then post the whole message. Further, you can highlight the "Site Name" (alone) and select a BBcode, like BOLD or COLOR, to change the way the text is displayed.

post-1-13081507681_thumb.jpg

Maybe this is the easiest way to look at this. Click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button (looks like the globe) and then modify the string so it looks like the string I posted.

JW's website

That's not so tough.

Note: for all those who do not care about any of this, please just disregard.

-  Jeff Wexler

I though there was like a global function to enable colored hyerlinks in the whole site. Doing it manually would be arbitrary since every user would probably choose a different color...

There is no global setting that I know of that dictates what color and how a link will be displayed. The routines that I have been playing with here go beyond just the color --- they allow you to take any word or sentence, plain English (or, French, etc.) to represent the URL (which can be long and unwieldy).

-  Jeff Wexler