664 drivers: Deca PS617 bag good?

Philip Perkins

I found the PS617 stands on its own once strapping the 664 in with the black Velcro straps.

Second that. I ran hard side velcro beneath the faders, and that gives the bag enough structure to stand on its own. I miss carrying handles; hooking fingers through the d-ring clips isn't practical, plus you can't carry the bag with one hand anymore.

I've had much better luck with removing the CF card with index finger on the ridge of the CF (the side closest to 664 front) and thumb on bottom (as opposed to thumb on top, index finger on bottom). Haven't had any issue since using this method although you have to have the bag off.

(null)

• 1 month later...

I think all the folks who are troubled by the 617 falling over should buy some Velcro, put it on the front and back of the 664 so it sticks to the inside of the bag, and it should stand up fine. I'm fine with mine, though I wish there was a little more pocket room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I recently reorganized my bag and now I am getting used to the bag.  I am in a good place with it.  

Since, flipping the font velcro into the bag now it rests better on me when wearing a harness.  

Like Jon Gilbert, I rarely take out my CF card and use my SD as the main card to give production.  

The plastic cover is the right size if you attach the cover to the outer velcro on the betso/boom holder on the front of the bag.  

I might try the velcro on the 664 itself for more stability when it stands.  

I like everything having a place and I have figured that out for my tastes.  I have gotten rid of using the sanken cases to hold my mic and have put them in a billfold which frees up a whole lot of space.