small rubber tips

Phil Palmer

Looking for the small rubber "crutch" style tips for ladies heels.  My show seems to have an endless parade of loud spike heels on hard surfaces. 

Especially looking for the small ones that can't be found in the Home Depot/Lowe's/Osh stores.  These sizes are 3/8 and 1/2 inch black rubber tips.

Any sources?

~pwp

I've researched this as well. Apart from doing my own shopping at hardware stores for "furniture tips", which are a smaller diameter and better fit for high heels. they are expensive.

So I have yet to call this company -- but Productions might be willing to by in large quantities for the "run of the show".

Here's the link:

http://www.midatlanticrubber.com/prod_16.htm?kc=Iuy2Aa3SdlGj3XlEb81OIH4qz8Oo3Ga1Hqx5eu6T&src=google

Let me know if that works for you

RL

Another thought. I remember Boom Operator Kurt Peterson telling me when he worked with Ed Novick on "The Dark Knight", in Chicago. They had scenes with 300 extras and came in an hour before call to put rubber tips on all the ladies high heels.

If either one of them is on this group they could tell us where they purchased such a large quantity.

Regards,

RL

Wilcox does sell the 3/8" tips, but sells them by the unit at about 1.30 each. (!)  I've ordered a few from them, but will try and source a more "quantity" interested vendor.

These days when it's hard enough to try and get production to go for lithium batteries, ordering a hundred rubber tips at a buck thirty each might blow my limited sound budget.  :)

I think there is a vendor out there...

~pwp

Try Googling "Rubber Walking Stick tips"  and this may give a clue for what to look for  http://www.rosshandling.co.uk/Ferrules-pads.asp

I stopped using them years ago (on shoes,not on my walking stick!) as the rounded tip makes it a little difficult for the ladies to walk without twisting their ankles. Still have a selection of sizes in the goody box,tho'

Mutt n' Jeff

Wilcox does sell the 3/8" tips, but sells them by the unit at about 1.30 each. (!)  I've ordered a few from them, but will try and source a more "quantity" interested vendor.

These days when it's hard enough to try and get production to go for lithium batteries, ordering a hundred rubber tips at a buck thirty each might blow my limited sound budget.  :)

I think there is a vendor out there...

~pwp

Philip,

All the usual vendors do carry them for the price you mentioned above. I am sure if you ordered on line, it will be cheaper.(as for numerous different products)

its more for the convenience factor us vendors even stock crutch tips in the 1st place. to help out when the mixer is a pinch and cant wait for the internet transaction/shipping .

Philip,

All the usual vendors do carry them for the price you mentioned above. I am sure if you ordered on line, it will be cheaper.(as for numerous different products)

its more for the convenience factor us vendors even stock crutch tips in the 1st place. to help out when the mixer is a pinch and cant wait for the internet transaction/shipping .

Actually, all the vendors don't have them.  And I agree with you completely, when in a pinch and you need them, that's why you have them.  Are you saying that you guys have the small sizes?

Phil is right. Hush heels do not work very well on woman's spike heel shoes. The small size of crutch tips will work, but for the really narrow, long spikes -- small furniture tips seem to work the best.

I put out a call to Kurt Peterson -- who is asking Ed Novick who his source is. Apparently he had "boxes full of white and black tips".

That's what I want a couple of boxes full -- as the background losses them or leaves the set with them still on.

Info when available.

RL

Actually, all the vendors don't have them.  And I agree with you completely, when in a pinch and you need them, that's why you have them.  Are you saying that you guys have the small sizes?

I will check (3/8) or small size.

info when available.