Sony F3 timecode stability

Does anyone have experience with the timecode stability of the Sony F3? Getting ready to do a shoot with 3 and am trying not to load the camera down needlessly. Wondering if they drift when left to their own devices.

Matt

Try to find out how much drift they can live with.  They stay somewhat close (barring a camera-brain fart during a battery change etc), and some workflows don't really require dead accurate sync, esp if there is an audio guide track on all cams.  But as was said, if you need "real" sync between cameras and between cameras and audio, you'll want lockits.

philp

With he F3, I ran into a funny thing. With the camera set to 23.98fps, it outputs 29.97fps. So I tried setting my recorder and syncbox to 23.98 but after a few minutes camera and recorder were off. So I set my recorder and syncbox to 29.97, camera still at 23.98. Everything stayed in sync all day ( rejam at lunch of course ). Post confirmed that it works.

Thanks