upload folder full

Matthias Richter

...so it is a good idea to make you uploads as small as possible!

Photoshop has a great feature called "Save for Web" which allows you to save as a very small file.  You can pick what file type (jpeg, png etc) and change the actual size (# of pixels) of the picture. And you even get to preview your selection, a real eye-opener!  You can see how a 3 or 4 meg photo can be compressed down to just a few Kb with very little degradation (when displayed on a monitor of course)

Anyone know of another program that does a similar task?

...so it is a good idea to make you uploads as small as possible!

Anyone know of another program that does a similar task?

I always hope that people size their attachments since there is not only a limit on the capacity of the folder where attachments reside, there is also a limit I put on the size of each attachment to any given post.

I am constantly having to resize image (files) to make them easily emailable or postable on the web and I use several software utilities to do this. For those who are somewhat challenged, even iPhoto provides a one click option to re-configure an image for emal, small, medium, large, and then you just don't email the image but drag it to be used somewhere else. Photoshop, as Jason suggests, certainly can do these things quite well but it is a little bit of overkill. I use Lemke software's GraphicsConverter, YellowMug software EasyBatch and EasyCrop. A simple search on versiontracker.com for image management will show lots of software possibilities.

Regards.  Jeff Wexler

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...