NP style batteries

Tony Johnson

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Zack, while we are at it, there is another piece of kit that many of us are possibly waiting in vain for. A compact 4 bay lithium np-1 charger I believe would be a good seller. On a daily basis, I need to put 4 batts on charge at the end of thr day. Is there 4 bay charger presently on the drawing board?

IDX had a 4 cell version, the KL-4.  They discontinued it without a replacement in the JL Series.

What is the charge time for 4 mostly depleted lithium

NP-L7S's on the kl-4 f bank charger?

The charge time depends on the condition/age of the battery. If the battery is brand new, the KL-4 will charge it within 210min/3.5 hours. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

-Zack

My collection includes a KL-4, a metal-cased JL-2Plus, and a plastic-cased JL-2Plus -- along with another KL-4 that yearns for some attention on a repair bench.

Hi John,

We’d be happy to take a look at your chargers. Please send me your contact info and I will have someone in the service department get in touch.

Thanks!

-Zack

Hey Zack, as long as we have your attention here I have a question for you:

Is it okay to leave NP-L7S batteries sit on charge for long durations, months even.  JL-2plus is the charger. Or would you recommend taking them off once fully charged.

Thanks,

Derek

Hey Zack, as long as we have your attention here I have a question for you:

Is it okay to leave NP-L7S batteries sit on charge for long durations, months even.  JL-2plus is the charger. Or would you recommend taking them off once fully charged.

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

For long term storage (3+ months) we recommend storing off the charger at about 30-40% charge level in a cool area. When the batteries are stored at this charge level, cell degradation is minimized. To maintain this charge level, charge the battery for 30-45min every 2-3 months. For short term storage (less than 3 months), you can leave the batteries on the charger. However, if a battery is left in the charging bay for extended periods (years), the charger’s charging terminals will gradually lose their spring action; this is not common but it can lead to intermittent charging. If you start to see the charger’s contacts flatten, gently use a flathead screwdriver to pry them out. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

-Zack

Hi Derek,

For long term storage (3+ months) we recommend storing off the charger at about 30-40% charge level in a cool area. When the batteries are stored at this charge level, cell degradation is minimized. To maintain this charge level, charge the battery for 30-45min every 2-3 months. For short term storage (less than 3 months), you can leave the batteries on the charger. However, if a battery is left in the charging bay for extended periods (years), the charger’s charging terminals will gradually lose their spring action; this is not common but it can lead to intermittent charging. If you start to see the charger’s contacts flatten, gently use a flathead screwdriver to pry them out. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

-Zack

Ah thanks! This has been a debated topic on here and in the analog world. 

• 1 month later...

I just purchased the idk np1 kit at Trew, along with my maxx. I wouldn't mind a smaller battery for a 3rd addition to my kit once I may need them. I currently only run maxx off the np1 - still using G3's so I have nothing else to power and have never needed more than one battery in a 10 hour day. Lowest I've gone in a day was to 13.2 volts

• 3 weeks later...