Chinhda Now Making Cable Hooks for Rack Cases

Richard Lightstone, CAS

He made a small batch, maybe about a dozen. He doesn't like to make too many of anything the first time through because he invariably thinks of design improvements. But he thought this came out pretty well and was talking about a run of between 25 and 50 units.

I don't think he has a firm price but he was considering $30 each. He supplies it with longer screws so that it can be mounted on top of a piece of rack gear; it doesn't need a free space on the rack.

If you'd like to buy one, let me know and I'll pass the information on to Chinhda. He also plans to supply them to Coffey Sound and Location Sound so, eventually, you should be able to get them from regular sources.

David Waelder

Sorry, still one more thing-

He intends to anodize the metal block he machines to hold the hook. So, although he supplied an example to Richard right away, he probably doesn't want to distribute the others until he has had a chance to schedule an anodizing run. Whenever possible, he tries to anodize a large bunch of gear at the same time because the minimum charge for a run is considerable. So, it is possible that he may not have anything available for a few weeks as he completes other parts that he might put in for finishing at the same time.

If you really want or need something right away, please speak up. I'm always a bit uncomfortable speaking for Chinhda. Sometimes he surprises me. But I also wanted to explain the circumstances that might affect deliveries.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a little  DIY  alternative  ..... these hooks can be had at home depot or lowe's  for around  $6.00 or so . I use them primarily for hanging head phones on . I think they will work on shock mounted rack systems , for the price , its worth

experimenting.

kks.

post-272-130815077644_thumb.jpg

post-272-130815077648_thumb.jpg

post-272-130815077652_thumb.jpg

post-272-130815077656_thumb.jpg