Quote of the Day

Jeff Wexler

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A hundred years ago, when I was just getting started in this biz, I watched, amazed at the chaos, as the crew scrambled to get that one last shot before the sun set.  An old timer turned to me and said, "Remember, kid, in this business you're only as good your last fifteen minutes".

My favorite comes from Samuel Clemens:

"It is better to let a man think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Oh, if we're exchanging favorite quotes, one of my favorites comes from physicist Edward Teller:

"In any foolproof system, the fool is always bigger than the proof."

David Waelder

A hundred years ago, when I was just getting started in this biz, I watched, amazed at the chaos, as the crew scrambled to get that one last shot before the sun set.  An old timer turned to me and said, "Remember, kid, in this business you're only as good your last fifteen minutes".

or what have you done for me lately..

Not to be a nit picker Curley sound,

But I believe the quote you are thinking of is: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." And it was Abraham Lincoln.

Another one of honest Abe's memorable quotes: "If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"

I try to live by these three quotes:

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability" - John Wooden

"If you're not making mistakes, then you are not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes"  - John Wooden

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you" -  John Wooden

David W White

Not to be a nit picker Curley sound,

But I believe the quote you are thinking of is: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." And it was Abraham Lincoln.

Another one of honest Abe's memorable quotes: "If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"

This only serves to reinforce the quote, I guess...