MP3 - timecode in ID3 tag?

pindrop

MP3 - timecode in ID3 tag?

I've googled pretty extensively to find some more information about this, and what seems to be the main reference site - ID3.org - seems to have puzzlingly been down since 2012? So I've not made any progress.

Can anyone refer me to or know more information about where and how timecode is placed in an MP3 ID3 tag such that transcription houses can use it please?

There seems to be a wide variety of ID3 tag readers and editors but timecode reference seems to be outside of thier scope. Anyone know of one that can read or edit the timecode reference please, I couldn't find one?

I know BWFWidget Pro can create MP3's with timecode in the ID3 tag but I don't know how it does it, perhaps Courtney is around and could help please?

The nomad creates MP3s with the UB and TC in the "Artist" field of the ID3 tags.  FR and SPM are in the "Album" field.  SC and TK are in the "Title" field.

The reason no reader/editor mentions timecode is because TC isn't part of the ID3 tag standard.  ID3 tags were designed for music mostly.  That's why certain common fields are used for our proprietary information.  So far I haven't had any complaints from the transcription houses.

The nomad creates MP3s with the UB and TC in the "Artist" field of the ID3 tags.  FR and SPM are in the "Album" field.  SC and TK are in the "Title" field.

The reason no reader/editor mentions timecode is because TC isn't part of the ID3 tag standard.  ID3 tags were designed for music mostly.  That's why certain common fields are used for our proprietary information.  So far I haven't had any complaints from the transcription houses.

Ah yes I see, so it does, thanks for that, here's a screen grab of the OSX info box of a Zaxconvert (v.6.19) MP3 direct from a 3 track MARF - no messing about, but I don't think FR=29.97DF will get many hits on Spotify :)

post-2842-0-15242400-1381255098_thumb.jp

post-2842-0-15242400-1381255098_thumb.jp