Wisycom in USA?

Derek H

As the front end of the receivers must be very "open" to facilitate the wide tuning area, it seems that they are quite sensitivite to out of band RF signals, like UHF walkie-talkies or in-band RF noise from LED walls etc. So you get noise burst from walkies.

Also the DSP emulation of the companders are not very accurate according to a very competent RF guy i know.

Thanks!

:)

Guys, there might be a reason Sennheiser/Lectro are not producing full-UHF tunable receivers. Try using a Motorola close to a Wisycom receiver and se what happens :blink:

Have you actually done this and experienced interference?

From the product literature and recent trade show videos it seems that the Wisycom receivers have a variable tracking filter of some sort. I guess the filter's effectiveness is the question.

As the front end of the receivers must be very "open" to facilitate the wide tuning area, it seems that they are quite sensitivite to out of band RF signals, like UHF walkie-talkies or in-band RF noise from LED walls etc. So you get noise burst from walkies.

Also the DSP emulation of the companders are not very accurate according to a very competent RF guy i know.

I've been using my Wisycom MCR42 for over a year and have had no problems with walkie talkies or the Sennheiser emulation that I've used extensively. The only problem was my own fault by deliberately slightly overdriving my SK2000 transmitters which caused sibilance distortion.

As the front end of the receivers must be very "open" to facilitate the wide tuning area, it seems that they are quite sensitivite to out of band RF signals, like UHF walkie-talkies or in-band RF noise from LED walls etc. So you get noise burst from walkies.>>

Wisycom has been around for quite some time, i am sure they would not let something as crass as this happen. 

>Also the DSP emulation of the companders are not very accurate according to a very competent RF guy i know.

hmm... where is this RF guy - can we also get educated by him? let there be more on this, i for one will never go by a statement like this because this sounds like 'opinion'. 

Have you actually done this and experienced interference?

From the product literature and recent trade show videos it seems that the Wisycom receivers have a variable tracking filter of some sort. I guess the filter's effectiveness is the question.

Hi.

I have used the Wisycom MRK960 many times over the last year, and have experienced the walkie problems myself. Read what Larry from Lectro have written about wideband vs. narrowband amplifiers and receivers. When you have active wideband amps on the sharkfins going into wideband multicouplers, wideband amps for the RF link out on the receiver etc. you have a lot of potential for generating intermod. I do not have experience with the MRK42.

The thing with analogue compander IC's is they are not perfect devices, Sennheiser spent a lot of work to model the HiDyn system for their DSP based 3732 receiver. A good test is instruments with a lot of lowend content and listening for signs of tracking errors.

According to the literature they use 'moveable filters' on the front end so the tuning window's moved with microswitches on the RX.  I do find a slight difference between the Wisycom in Sennheiser emulation mode and EK3241, with the wisycom sounding 'flatter', but they still sound good to me.  I've also found the MCR42 a bit more robust reception-wise than the EK3241, although it's not exactly a scientific test.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been not looking to this site since a while ...
But is always good to listen to end user and share some information.

Just few quick answ.:

• First of all, Wisycom ENG/Studio products are FCC approved (of course only on 470-700 band).
  • We have up to 3 stages filters with 600 calibrations point (drive by digital-potentiometer) to protect the receiver.
    OIP3 of pre-amplifier stages has been properly increased. For instance on MRK960 OIP3 is higher than 20 dBm and filtered, i cannot think of any Motorola able to create de-sensitization or blocking.
  • Of course we are very interested to american market and we try to start before the end of this year.

;)

/max

• 4 months later...

from another thread:

Sorry, but there are international economic forces at work, and the answer to your original question is rooted in multi-national marketing, economics, international trade, currency issues, government policies and regulations plus tariffs, and soooo much more; sounds to me like you are taking it personally...

and think that there must be some simple answer like a conspiracy against < ?? >. and in a way, maybe it is, but that would be a government conspiracy against the foreign manufacturers and in favor of the homeland products.

All of the manufacturers would like to sell more product, (any where and every where!) and about none of them are trying to price themselves out of markets, any markets; come on, that just makes no sense at all...to anybody, especially the manufacturers, importers, and dealers.

You know, Senator, someone like you should know that copy/paste is a tricky thing and should be applied with care. What you're saying above is all true, perhaps, but in this case it's not, because in this case the product is 50% more expensive in its home market and cheaper overseas. Your answer above is correct for the opposite route and was better suited to the thread you originally posted this in.

I have frequently on this board defended manufacturers for selling stuff at much higher costs in different countries, but this time it realky seens weird.

Except, in the other Wisy thread, Geoff Tirrell thought it was a marketing thing to introduce Wisy to the US abd I think that sounds very plausible

Constantin: " ... thought it was a marketing thing to introduce Wisy to the US abd I think that sounds very plausible "

BINGO

a very common practice when opening new businesses, entering new markets, and introducing new products, even sometimes just to stimulate sales!

--sent from one of my personal computing devices, using a web browser program

guess which ones ...