Laurie Webb

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jim,

If you send me a pm or email we can work on getting you one to try out.  

The TIG has been in beta testing for quite a while so we feel that it is very dependable.  The case was also designed (and redesigned multiple times) to be durable.  The most common user comments have been about the build quality and the features such as variable level output and high accuracy .  

Laurie Webb
Sales Manager
480-292-9060
lauriew@mozegear.com
www.mozegear.com

Hi Jim,

If you send me a pm or email we can work on getting you one to try out.  

Laurie, thanks for the great offer. But...

1) My dealers have good return policies. So I can buy & try…and most likely keep, but still return if it's really not for me.

2) More importantly, over the next six weeks, I'll be dealing with mainly RED cameras. But I'm interested in how it'll work a few different cameras. And there are other people on JWS who come across a wider variety of cameras than I do…and frankly, some of them are better qualified to evaluate TIG. One of those people lives a few blocks from me…Hopefully he'll chime in and offer to try one out.

Thanks,

Jim

PS- Mark, thanks for chiming in on your experience with TIG compared to Denecke. Great to hear.

PPS- Laurie, I looked on your website for a dealer list, but didn't see one. Do you have a list available?

The following dealers have demo units/stock (or will be receiving them shortly). 

DVE Store in Seattle 

Gotham Sound In NYC 

Location Sound in LA 

Professional Sound in NYC  

Professional Sound in New Orleans 

Second City Sound in Chicago

Trew in LA 
Trew in Nashville

International:

Everything Audio in London

Please note that Second City Sound is not listed on our website, but we will be adding them shortly.

For more dealer information you can go to:

www.mozegear.com

If you have a favorite dealer that is not listed here, please have them give us a call or send them our downlink.

Thanks,

Laurie

480-292-9060

Hi Doug,

I actually spoke with Dave at Ktek about this yesterday morning.  I think the Ktek K-SPT would be great for this application.  The K-SPT is a small flat mounting platform (I think it is 3"x 2.5") with a hot shoe.  Ktek supplies velco to place on the flat platform which is the perfect size for the TIG.  Here is the downlink:

http://www.ktekbooms.com/video/camera/camera-accessories/

I will try to get pictures of the TIG and K-SPT onto our website next week sometime.  

Thanks,

Laurie

Greetings all,

Attached a few pics of the TIG mounted on a Canon 5D with a DIY hotshoe adapter. This was the first time i was able to try out the FlowThru audio feature and it works great!!. I feed a wireless scratch track from my 664 via Senn G2.. You take the output of the G2 and feed into the Audio In of the TIG, then the Timecode out to the Camera. This carries both the scratch track and timecode track. The TIG/G2 combo is pretty light and my camera guy friend had no issues with holding it..

There was not timecode bleed into the audio track and both Media Composer and LTC convert programs read the timecode track.

The TIG's timecode is rock solid. I used a beta version a few months back and proved excellent reliability and accuracy..I had it on one camera and a Denecke on a second camera and had no issues.. 

Can also report 14 1/2 hrs of run time using the PowerX AAA rechargeable batteries..

The TIG is a welcome addition to my kit. Camera guys will like the compact size and on those run and gun shoots who's post production can read audio timecode this will make syncing those crazy days when no one does any kind of clap syncing a breeze.  

Now, if only FCPX can get Aux Timecode back!!

Mark L

post-866-0-35455600-1385598141_thumb.jpg

post-866-0-46097200-1385598161_thumb.jpg

post-866-0-36457600-1385598185_thumb.jpg

We have had a great response and want to thank everyone.  

The promotional offer of $399 has been extended to December 20th.  We had requests for this since the holidays fell so close to the end of the month.  We are working through our queue but any orders received before the 20th will receive the promotional price. 

Thanks again everyone for your support,

Laurie Webb
Sales Manager
480-292-9060
lauriew@mozegear.com
www.mozegear.com

• 7 months later...

So I'm reviving an old thread, but seems to me that this is a sensible extension of the same topic. Something I saw on FB this morning:

post-286-0-95385500-1406821513_thumb.jpe

The NEW Tig Q28 timecode generator is just 2.8 cubic inches, which is about a third the size of the current TIG.  Loaded with features, its tiny size fits even the smallest cameras and rigs.  The variable timecode output level and “flow through audio design” adds practicality for cameras and recorders that are not designed to receive timecode. Like the Tig, the Q28 works with all standard frame rates, cross jams, has a frame rate discrepancy indicator, and a jamming indicator. It also has a new feature which shows the timecode in hours and minutes.  The durable chassis has an aluminum body, steel faceplate, reinforced center support, and a battery tube that keeps the batteries secure even when dropped.  Overall the Tig Q28 is unbelievably small and “just works”.

Features and specs here:

http://www.mozegear.com/#!tig-q28/c1jb7

Has the TigQ28 shipped yet? MSRP?

Thanks

Here are a few pics to show the size of the new Q28. It's very very thin and lightweight. Timecode has been rock solid and a SteadyCam op I worked with last week is thinking of getting one for himself because of how small the unit is. Doesn't upset the balance that much...Please note the unit in the picture is a pre-release version with final graphics etc to come. 

ML

post-866-0-81897400-1406826910_thumb.jpg

post-866-0-08518700-1406826934_thumb.jpg

Jim:

You beat us to the announcement.  Yes there is a new Tig called the Q28 which stands for 2.8 cubic inches.

The introduction price is $439.

They are in the final stages of testing and we expect to start shipping units on Monday.  If you are interested I know dealers are taking orders.  We think this unit will be very popular based on opinions so far.  

Jose:

The differences are:

• The Q28 is a third the size of the Tig.
  • It uses a Lemo 5 pin with 2 minis.  Some of the connectors have dual functions.
  • The variable level output is controlled in 15 adjustable steps with a screwdriver.
  • There is a new function called "show".  When the control is turned to that setting it shows the timecode in hours and minutes. 
  • The frame rate is also controlled via a screwdriver.
  • There is one LED light in comparison to two.

All spec's and functions are the same.  It still has "flow through audio" and the same accuracy of the Tig.

"Shows the TC in hours and minutes" --- I'm wondering about this also. Isn't timecode always displayed in "hours and minutes" and seconds and frames --- does this mean you just drop the seconds and frames? By "displayed" I am guessing you mean what ever display or slate is being driven by the Q28? People have been looking for some kind of display (screen) on the Q28 and I think there is none on this tiny unit.

"Shows the TC in hours and minutes"

I guess: in the camera viewfinder ? I don't see any display on the unit...?

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

If you turn the control to the "show" position, the LED blinks denoting the hours and minutes.  If it is 0, it blinks very quickly.  So 2 hours and 14 minutes would cause the LED to:

quick blink-- pause --2 blicks -- pause -- 1 blink -- pause -- 4 blinks -- long pause

This is done more as a simple way to confirm.  It does not display seconds and frames.

To be clear, the Q28 does not have a screen.  It is very small and thin.  It is similar to a credit card size calculator but a little shorter and with a AAA battery thickness.

- from specs:

Specifications:

• TCXO Crystal:  +/- .5PPM

• Battery Power:  2 “AAA” batteries

• Variable Level Output:  Adjustable between 20 mV and 3V

• Battery Life:  16+ hours

• Weight:  1.9 ounces (without batteries)

• Size:  2.125" x 2.625" x 0.5"

• Casing:  Aluminum with reinforced center support and battery tube.

• External Power:  N/A

• Output Connector:  either 5 pin Lemo or mini phone jack can be used as an output connector 

• Input Jam Connector:  mini phone jack or 5 pin Lemo

• Flow Through Audio Input:  mini phone jack

I don't think it has the facility for EXTERNAL powering. Laurie will have to chime in here on that one.