Ambient Quicklock

Labarba

Thinking in purchase a quicklock

How many of you use it? does it worth the extra weight in the boom? 

can somebody send me a couple close pictures or a crappy video by MP

thanks!

I keep one on my pole all the time.  I have a Cinela Piano blimp for my CMIT 5u so its necessary to switch from that to my indoor hyper mic very quickly.  It works well and I don't think it adds very much weight to the pole.  i like it.

I have one since 5 or 6 years on my pole.

You can Quickly change your mic ,quickly put your expansive mic in a your bag to protect it when you need to

A must

I have one since 5 or 6 years on my pole.

You can Quickly change your mic ,quickly put your expansive mic in a your bag to protect it when you need to

A must

I use it and I love it! Not only for quick microphone change but also for reliability. End of the day, I put my Rycote with CCM in my backpack and the pole attached on the side. 

Today, one pole attached to a C stand for sit down interview and second boom for run and gun. Just have to switch the mic ;-).

I concur with most posts here. I use them on all my poles. It is handy when switching between mics that have different shock mounts, or switching between different poles. My boom ops like them a lot as well.

The Ambient systen is great, but a bit pricey. I know there are a couple of other solutions that cost less. I am inclined to believe that the Sound Guy Solutions option is well worth the money, especially since it is considerably less expensive, and so far every item I own by them has a faire amount of improvements over the competitors items.

my (my!!) experience is that after 3-4 years they become "snappy". They lock that tight I sometimes need my Gerber tool to get my mic dismounted. Service needs then to be done by ambient which is nearly as expensive as buying a new one.

I still use the Quickloks on ALL my poles and mics.

I had and have this same experience, funnily enough. Still, I love those things, too

only danger i have found is, once you get one you'll realise how many you need to get.

one for boom 1, boom 2, short boom, plant mic option 1, plant mic option 2.

it will get expensive.

Just what I found as well. Very dangerous to start, kinda like a drug, watch out or you'll be hooked. :)

• 1 month later...