Timecode distribution

soundtrane

Is it ok to take TC out from a recorder and send it to another recorder while also utilising the same output to jam TC to a slate or another device (momentary jam)? 

I want to get TC out and make a Y cable, one side goes to Recorder #2, and the second side stays ready for momentary jams of slate/TC box etc... Obviously, the momentary jam will be done not when the recorders are running, but between setups from time to time (2/3 times a day). 

I don't want to mess around taking the Lemo out of the second recorder each time i need to momentary jam... 

Basically, will i need a distro box of some kind (don't know yet if it exists)? 

-vin

I have used a BNC T splitter out of my recorder (Edirol R-4 Pro) as well as a LockIt box (both BNC and 5-pin Lemo) no problems. One side from TC generator to the recorder and the other side for jaming other devices on the fly. Should be fine splitting TC out from the 5-pin lemo or your recorder but as always test it out:-)

Should work fine, as TC is a high-level signal in the audible range, and most TC inputs will accept lower than max levels too.

However you could also use a Lemo-XLRm cable in the Cantar, XLRw-Lemo to 664, and another XLRw-Lemo for jamming the other device, and just re-plug the XLR outside the bag.