788t MixAssist not working

Diego Sanchez

Hello everyone. I normally don't use the mix assist function on my 788, but have a job coming where it will be beneficial.

I was trying it and whenever i tried to activate it, it says to lower the sample rate or number of media or disable output delays. The only way i get it to work, is if i lower sample rate to 44.1 which is not something i want to do.

Anyone has any idea why and how i can get it to work on 48/24? thanks

Diego

Page 39 manual: Mix Assist is a processor-intensive feature. Mix Assist is disabled when the sampling rate is above 48.048 kHz. Recording mono files is not recommended when using Mix Assist. Output Delay is not recommended when using Mix Assist. When a CF card is in use, UDMA is recommended.

it says to lower the sample rate or number of media or disable output delays

at 48.000 and there is no output delay

Are you trying to record to all three media? IIRC this doesn't work.

Mix Assist has been working fine in my setup: 48,000 Hz, 24 bits, poly WAV, record to INHDD and CF.

I record up to 8 ISO tracks, 2 Mix tracks, and route different mixes to both AUX tracks for comtek feeds (not recorded - use the AUX routing because it's quicker than the output routing matrix).

Make sure Menu 7 : Media Select isn't set to "EXHDD and INHDD and CF".

Even if all three media aren't present, this will throw the error you are seeing.

Thanks Matt and everyone. Yes that was the problem, even if the external media was not present, having it active on this menu was the problem. All systems good!