Oi! Zaxcom! Hurry up with the updates!

glenn

I will start a new thread here because I do not believe it is right for it to be on a thread started by our competitor to promote a new feature.

The items that are being asked for from Zaxcom are for the most part simple display or operational things. We will be continuously updating our products as we have always done. Some or all of these things will be added.

As for any reason for an update to be made based on the feature set of a competitive product, I would think that a trip to Zaxcom.com to read the feature list and specifications of Nomad would clearly show It is a product that has major feature advantages over any competing product.

Neverclip

18 channel auto mixer

Visual TC slate

Intergrated IFB RF transmission

Intergrated Time code RF transmission

6 Mix busses with infinte routing

Accurate input and output meters

Notch filters

Input Delay

MARF high reliability recording system

All digital mixer and audio processing

Phase inversion on every input channel

Sunlight readable display

136 dB input dynamic range

Small foot print and light weight

These are some of the things that I think separate the Nomad from other products. We are always looking at things we can do to innovate our products and make them as user friendly as possible.

I think the notion that the Nomad is some how falling behind is not worthy of consideration. The basic architecture of the hardware and the current feature set and reliability of the system speak for itself.

Companies will always improve their products. When they do it is good for everybody. I think all should consider it a WIN WIN and not a contest.

Glenn

Hard times for Zaxcom! 

Why you mentioned the advantages of your product, just because a competitor has brought out an update?

Companies will always improve their products. When they do it is good for everybody. I think all should consider it a WIN WIN and not a contest.

Glenn

Yeah it´s not a contest!

Hard times for Zaxcom! 

Why you mentioned the advantages of your product, just because a competitor has brought out an update?

Yeah it´s not a contest!

Please, take the negativity somewhere else! 

This is the Manufacturers & Dealers section where it is appropriate for manufacturers and dealers to promote their products.

Glenn, I'm not sure what this is in reaction to, but I hope you don't take some of the forum banter too seriously.  Your products are amazing, and are updated / improved at an incredible pace, un matched by any other company.  I personally have put about 150 days in the field with my nomad this year, and it's capability and quality have allowed me to record great sound in any situation I've come across.

The flexibility of the software get's people dreaming about what they could do with it, whether it is realistic or not.

It is appreciated that you take the time to read through the discussions, and that you listen to user feedback to continue to improve your products.  I just hope that you can focus on the positive or constructive feedback and use that to improve the tools we rely on every day, and ignore the negativity, bitching, and moaning that is somewhat inherent to internet forums.  We all have to vent sometimes.

Kelsey

As someone that is not even a year into their career, All I have to say is that Zaxcom makes an amazing product. For my first Professional grade recorder I was torn between the Nomad Lite and the 664 . In the end I have decided with the Nomad Lite due to the feature sets and the ability to upgrade to Zaxnet if I want to go with Zaxcom wireless. Although I do admit that there are a number of aspects with the Nomad that I find to be a little inconvenient.

Just as a suggestion though Glen from some one new to the industry. I almost when with SD solely because of some of the responses that you have posted on this forum. Whether you intended to or not they seemed defensive and sometimes spiteful towards the competition and that really scared me as to what the company stood for. Your product won me over in the end but what you have said in past posts on the forum almost lost you a future customer. Just a little feed back from here in South Florida.

Thanks Kelsey

I do not mind when people ask for new features. We want to provide them where possible. I do think there is a right time and place to do that. To do it on the SD update thread was to me very wrong. I would not want a thread like that about one of our updates to turn into a gripe session on our competitors products.

Things are fine.

Glenn

seems to me that some folks just found a lame excuse to growl about some things on their personal wish lists...

I think part of it may be a cry for attention.  One person hijacked a thread to complain in part about a feature (reading external time code) that has been present (and quick and easy to find) since the Nomad shipped.

Good.  We'll celebrate accomplishments instead of promises.

That's always the best approach.

On the other hand, (not aimed at you, Philip), I find it interesting how many people clamor for any hint about what's coming (promises) but then later condemn the party that has supplied that information -- even in many cases when the promises are fulfilled (life's never perfect, is it).  It's further proof of the old axiom, "anticipation is greater than reality."

" celebrate accomplishments "

OK

no redesign necessary,

cannot be improved upon

" Zoom outdid even their own high-quality products with the release of the H6. The H6 is rugged, capable and one of the most exciting products we’ve seen in awhile. It’s an absolute home run the H6 is flexible and suits just about every need... No matter what your use, from video production to music production. "

http://www.videomaker.com/article/16067-zoom-h6-audio-recorder-review?utm_source=enews&utm_medium=email&utm_content=review1_2013_wed_11_06&utm_campaign=traffic

It is a contest (aka competition) though, and it should be. That is what will turn into win-win for customers and companies alike. Or eventually one company has to give up and fail. Though I really hope it's neither SD nor Zax as I use both their products.

It must be allowed for the manufacturers to promote their products, especially here in this section. But it must also be allowed to critisize them, here in this section, too. Why not? If we want to read product announcements we can sign up to their newsletter, but this forum, including all sections, should be open to discussion, critique, and comments, positive and negative.

But the mere announcement of news and features does not need to be criticized. (sorry, suddenly I forgot how to spell critisize).

And if we request seemingly (or actually) stupid features, shouldn't we be doing that here as well?

I will start a new thread here because I do not believe it is right for it to be on a thread started by our competitor to promote a new feature.

The items that are being asked for from Zaxcom are for the most part simple display or operational things. We will be continuously updating our products as we have always done. Some or all of these things will be added.

As for any reason for an update to be made based on the feature set of a competitive product, I would think that a trip to Zaxcom.com to read the feature list and specifications of Nomad would clearly show It is a product that has major feature advantages over any competing product.

Neverclip

18 channel auto mixer

Visual TC slate

Intergrated IFB RF transmission

Intergrated Time code RF transmission

6 Mix busses with infinte routing

Accurate input and output meters

Notch filters

Input Delay

MARF high reliability recording system

All digital mixer and audio processing

Phase inversion on every input channel

Sunlight readable display

136 dB input dynamic range

Small foot print and light weight

These are some of the things that I think separate the Nomad from other products.

I have said this before here, but that is what I don't like about Zaxcom. There is no need to compare yourself to the competition, to claim superiority/uniqueness over everyone else. There is no need to do it, because the quality of your products will speak for itself and so will the many happy users. There is not one manufacturer's representative here who will present a new feature/product while saying that this new thing is the best ever, nobody's capable of topping us now. It's unpleasant. And I think Zax would be less of a polarizing company when refraining from such claims. Because, really, you don't need to.

I mean just look at the list above. You said, Glenn, that these features will separate Nomad from other products, but many features listed won't (eg notch filters, delay, phase, sunlight readable meters and so on).

Anyway. Just my opinion